Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2005, 01:47 PM

Default Where should I stay for the WSOP main event?

Hey all, I won a seat into the main event and am looking for places to stay --- the Rio seems crazy expensive on their website. Any ideas of where I can stay for an avg. of $100/night (probably I'll book for 8 days [7/6 - 7/14]. thru thurs.], though I don't expect to be playing in the tourney that long) --- I doubt I'll be wanting to work off poker room rate hours after playing in the tourney all day, so normal room rates will have to do. Any & all suggestions appreciated. Thanks.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:59 PM

Default Re: Where should I stay for the WSOP main event?

Go on a trip before the WSOP and get rated at the Bellagio. The next time you go back, you get the same poker room rate, but don't have to play any more. It's still more than $100/night, but it's a good deal for a room at the Bellagio. I don't know if they'll let you have it during WSOP though. I know I've heard of other places, Binion's mostly I think, giving good rates if you're in the WSOP, but I'll let others commment on that, since I've only heard from a 3rd party and don't really know.
Old 02-24-2005, 02:01 PM

Try Ellis Island, its slightly off the strip and has a Super 8 Motel attached to it.
Old 02-24-2005, 09:46 PM

Unless you are set on staying on the Strip and playing Mirage and Bellagio cash games as well, try the Gold Coast....right across the street from the RIO..decent rooms (that you won't use much anyway) and good price. Just an idea for you to toss around. Our group is staying there during the 2K NL tourney the end of June and got a good rate.
Old 02-25-2005, 04:48 AM

Terrible's is dirt cheap, it's nothing nice but it is across from the hard rock, and is either a short cab ride or a few blocks walk to the strip.