Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 01-09-2005, 11:47 AM

Default AQo in BB

Table was mostly passive, with a couple of solid players and a maniac.

I have a tendancy to autobet when I have overs and raised PF from EP. I think this is a potential leak and I am paying attention to it. In this case I didn't want to give any flush draws a free card.

In hindsight I think the turn raise was probably spewage (along with the river bet). Villan was passive.

Paradise Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (9 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls.

River: (15 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 17 BB
Old 01-09-2005, 11:51 AM

Default Re: AQo in BB

I would check this flop.

You are unlikely to be holding the best hand and you wont clean up any outs because nobody will fold anything better.

I like everything else, some will say the turn 3-bet is too aggressive but I like it.

Nice hand.
Old 01-09-2005, 11:57 AM

I think the biggest mistake you made was betting the flop. You have overcards with no other draw on a two flush board vs 5 opponents and you are in the worst possible position. Maybe if the Button bets, you can check/raise, but at this level I doubt it will fold anyone with A2, A6 or A9 and I think check/calling the flop would be better. Against a passive opponent that raises me when the ace hits, I think I call then check/call the river. With a passive read I think I am behind A2, A6 or A9 but will call down anway because of the pot size. Also note, when you 3-bet it was already heads up so you need to be ahead here the vast majority of the time to make this a value raise. With other calling stations in, the three-bet becomes a good play.

Vern
Old 01-09-2005, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the biggest mistake you made was betting the flop. You have overcards with no other draw on a two flush board vs 5 opponents and you are in the worst possible position. Maybe if the Button bets, you can check/raise, but at this level I doubt it will fold anyone with A2, A6 or A9 and I think check/calling the flop would be better. Against a passive opponent that raises me when the ace hits, I think I call then check/call the river. With a passive read I think I am behind A2, A6 or A9 but will call down anway because of the pot size. Also note, when you 3-bet it was already heads up so you need to be ahead here the vast majority of the time to make this a value raise. With other calling stations in, the three-bet becomes a good play.

Vern

[/ QUOTE ]

Good post.

In general, I'd recommend thinking hard about your position and how difficult it is to play hands like this from the blinds when you miss the flop. Betting that flop into that many people is very bad.
Old 01-09-2005, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In general, I'd recommend thinking hard about your position and how difficult it is to play hands like this from the blinds when you miss the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.
Old 01-09-2005, 02:30 PM

Yeah the flop bet pretty much sucks but the rest certianly isn't "spewage". Nice hand.

Brad