Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2004, 02:13 PM

Default Re: KK hand...part one

i know this is what most people would consider fit for mid-stakes, but i'm gonna say i think this hand belongs in the small stakes forum. questions like "i raise with KK, a loose guy reraises and a few idiots call, what should i do" and "now half my stack is in the pot and the flop comes all rags, what should i do" are small stakes questions. in fact i don't think you are ready for these stakes if you are truly stumped by these puzzlers.
Old 12-22-2004, 02:14 PM

Hi NooYawk,

I don't know why people are suggesting that you should be worried about AA. You have a LAG raising your bet, and some people cold-calling. Why would one of them not re-raise with AA? Only if they somehow knew you had a huge hand, and were sure to re-raise. With $5000 stacks, this would be a WCP. With 700 in your stack, and 900 in the LAG's, it just isn't worth the risk of letting a bunch of people see the flop for 75 when there's about 200-300 (depending on which caller we're talking about).

So you should be thinking about how to get someone committed pre-flop, and getting them all-in no later than on the flop. I think the best way to do it is to make it about 375-425 (giving them less than 2 to 1 by a little bit). Of course, once you do that, you're committed if someone re-raises.

I think this:
[ QUOTE ]
Make it $300 and try to end it here. If someone comes over the top - read dependendent - but you probably have to muck

[/ QUOTE ]

is very bad advice. It surprises me, also, because lapoker always seems to be advising "easy call" in spots that I think are folds or tough decisions. This is a very easy re-raise/commit all your chips situation, IMO. The size of your stack is one of the biggest factors that makes it easy; the actions of the callers and the description of the raiser are the other important factors.
Old 12-22-2004, 02:35 PM

Hey Cero - Other than your disagreement about folding if someone comes over the top, I don't see how our advice is really that different - Your reraise is slightly larger, but whatever. The point is I want QQ to stay in and I think you do too. If I'm playing with bad players and someone comes over the top here preflop, then fine, maybe I call, but LAG doesn't always mean idiot. If I face 2 reraises preflop in the game I normally play, then I'm getting away from Kings - Your point about stack sizes in this game is, however, well taken.

As far as my saying things like "easy call" a lot when you think it's a tough decision - Please show me where. Really, I need to see some examples of this - I'm not saying you're wrong, I just don't feel like I give that kind of advice too often.

I get bashed on here all the time for being too worried about being behind when I should be pushing etc...so it would surprise me if you're correct.
Old 12-24-2004, 10:07 AM

Hi lapoker,

Right you are, regarding my comment on your past posts. I confused you with SossMan, who has an "LA" (Dodgers) logo as his avatar. My bad.