Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2004, 09:22 AM

Default AJ sooooted

Loose 10-20 game, a tad aggressive at times, but mostly average. 3 real bad limpers to me in the cut-off and I raise with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. The button(decent player) and Both blinds(awful players) call.

The flop comes 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] The SB bets 2 callers, I call, button calls.

The turn is a 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img](4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]).

The sb bets, mp calls, I raise, button folds, sb calls, mp calls.

River is the A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img](9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img])

SB checks, limper bets, I raise, sb calls, limper calls.
Old 08-25-2004, 09:48 AM

Default Re: AJ sooooted

mp limper seems caught in the middle on a draw, smells like A8/A7 for the gutshot draw with an Ace or he rivered his two pair with AT/A9/A6/A4.

You are ahead of A8/A7/A5/A3/A2, splitting with AJ and behind to AQ/AK/AT/A9/A6/A4.

SB went into check/call mode on the river scare card, so I don't have him on an Ace...he's been betting whatever piece he has the whole way probably fearing overs. So I like the river raise if you think SB is still likely to call 2 cold despite the Ace (as he did) and MP isn't going to re-raise if he made his two pair on the river. Otherwise I like going for the overcall to risk losing 1BB and gain SB's 1BB when I'm ahead, rather than risk losing 2BB, pushing SB out and facing a re-raise from a possibly aggressive MP (at times) if he made his two pair.
Old 08-25-2004, 03:46 PM

Default Re: AJ sooooted

Hi Avid,

I think my turn raise got rid of AQ, at least thats what he told me after the hand. Against the players I was up against on the river, I was fairly certain ep was betting his Ace high club draw. What MP had was, well, two cards that may or may not have matched the board. My hand was good.