Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2004, 08:45 AM

Default Re: 20-40 Pocket Jacks hand

[ QUOTE ]
but I believe there's a better than 50% chance I'm ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

So why didn't you 4-bet him? By your line of reasoning, you issued a free pass by just calling the 3-bet.
Old 06-24-2004, 09:05 AM

Default After thoughts

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but I believe there's a better than 50% chance I'm ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

So why didn't you 4-bet him? By your line of reasoning, you issued a free pass by just calling the 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really. It still gets me one more bet on the river if I believe he'll fold to a 4th bet.

Look, the point of this post was that I think I may have overplayed the hand by raising the turn the first time. My thoughts during was that my opponenet was overplaying his hand, and I decided to punnish him and push out the 3rd player, and maybe get him off a higher pair if he did have me beat. I could easily have gotten moved off my hand because of it. Most would have folded to a 3 bet, as atttested to by some of the responses on this board.
Really just calling the turn was the best move, and the way I would almost always play the hand.
The follow up thought was that my opponent made a good move, but El Diablo made a good point that the combo of not having the hand being represented and someone overplaying a lesser hand is not worth the 3 bet on his part.

I enjoyed the post, it's been a while since I put up anything that got some debate, and as usual, I got something from it.
Thanks to all who responded.