Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance

Old 12-29-2005, 12:51 PM

Default Re: Man, My Last 182,000 Hands have really Sucked.

Thanks for the info. It looks like I'd beter study more, 'cuz there's no way I can commit that much time to playing. Good luck on improving your game, I'd just like to get to your level.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:41 PM

I too enjoy the word 'whilst'.

I think Lorinda used it about 17 times in the Internet-forum FAQ's.

i understand your situation...but the way you have to auto-pilot to play 8 tables might still not be for the best in the long-term.
That's easy to say though when I'm no the one putting food in your kid's mouth (congrats btw).

But even just cutting to 6 tables during SOME of your play will slow things down some (and will probably feel like playing in slow-motion to you since you're so used to 8) and will allow you to perhaps concentrate a bit more and think on a slightly higher level.

It's one thing to have stats on your opponents and have a general idea of how they play...but your opponents aren't complete dolts most of the time no matter how bad they play.
And it's possible that THEY are getting a read on YOU.

Are you always getting check-raised when you value-bet after the draw comes through and always paying-off 'just in case' because you still have that chance of picking off the bluff??
If they read that you will pay-off and will almost always value-bet at the end then they will eventually be smart enough to C/R you to death. Stuff like that.
This is one of my biggest downfalls of late anyway and I think is something that goes along with multi-tabling ABC-ish play where your reads aren't quite as specific and you are less aware of what your opponents are thinking of you.

Also - since I'm currently a losing player I'm not sure any of my opinions should really be taken all that seriously anyway...but that's my own personal whine.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:47 PM

You don't post and reply to enough hands.
Old 12-29-2005, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the same problem, but I can almost never find any individual hand to be interesting.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the same problem, but I can almost never find any individual hand to be interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the long run, no individual hand will be interesting. But doing thinking away from the table is, imo, the single best way to improve.
Old 12-29-2005, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you always getting check-raised when you value-bet after the draw comes through and always paying-off 'just in case' because you still have that chance of picking off the bluff??
If they read that you will pay-off and will almost always value-bet at the end then they will eventually be smart enough to C/R you to death. Stuff like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I'm value-betting like crazy but haven't been paying off raises/check-raises at all (unless my opponent tends to pull bluffs like this, which is rare [I hope]).

Maybe some more observant opponents are noticing that I'm value-betting my TPTK or whatever even when possible draws come in and not paying off, and taking advantage of that and bluffing at me more often? I dunno.

Good point anyway.
Old 12-29-2005, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can almost never find any individual hand to be interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

However, I'm gonna try a little experiement today and most likely post some hands to see what the general consensus is... The hands might not be very interesting at all, but the idea behind the hands might be. We shall see.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think Lorinda used it about 17 times in the Internet-forum FAQ's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Incredibly it was only twice, but I used it in a lot of posts too. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Lori
Old 12-30-2005, 07:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But break-even/losing stretches are anything but boring to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is correct.

For me when im running horrible it's quite entertaining to see the numerous ways in which I can lose.