Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-22-2005, 05:40 PM

Default KK - nonstandard line

New table. Table averages 24/4 (tightish). Thoughts?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (8 handed) converter

MP2 ($81.55)
CO ($103.25)
Button ($229)
SB ($92.50)
BB ($45.73)
UTG ($102.35)
UTG+1 ($117.15)
Hero ($104.50)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, MP2 calls $4, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $4, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $3.

Flop: ($16.50) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets $6</font>, Button folds, BB folds, Hero calls $6.

Turn: ($28.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $15</font>
Old 12-22-2005, 05:46 PM

Default Re: KK - nonstandard line

Hmm, I'm not sure. Reads on MP2/button would help, I'd hate to see this flop get checked around.

On turn, what's your deal with halfpotting it? Can't get much draw-heavier than this, someone could very well have a 5 and hit already, and if they haven't there's quite a few cards you don't want to see. Are you folding to a raise here? And if called, you block river? I don't like it very much, 77+ might give you some action but at the same time they are most likely afraid of the coordinated board aswell, and might not put in much more money
Old 12-22-2005, 05:49 PM

I like the pot control aspects of this. I'm trying to find something I hate, but honestly, I'm having trouble here......
Old 12-22-2005, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'd hate to see this flop get checked around.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?
Old 12-22-2005, 06:13 PM

Flop play is fine to just mix it up a bit but why do you change tacks on turn? You've paid the price of giving him a "free" card so why are you throwing away what you've paid for? If he has junk he could continue betting here but may insta fold to your bet which looks pretty terrifying.

What are you looking for and what from?

Looks bad to me.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:15 PM

on the flop, villain would likely read you for busted high cards, which you chose not to c-bet into because of the low board and large field. you call his small bet hoping to catch one. Now, on the turn, you pick up a flush draw and try to price yourself in a little, also thinking your overcards could be good.

If he has 77-QQ, he will hopefully raise/push here. If he just raises, I'd call and keep up the ruse. River should be a push if none of your scare cards come (overcards or [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]'s), or a value bet if they do. (If an ace comes, that could be a little tricky, but I still think value betting is your best bet.)

If he has 22-66, he'll probably push, and you're getting stacked regardless.

If he has something else, like A6 or something, he'll probably slow down, and you can just value bet again on the river.

I like it, but i think it'll work best against a decent, aggressive player. villain may or may not be that.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:29 PM

I really don't get why you're checking a flop where a lot of non-set PPs will look you up.