Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-19-2005, 11:27 PM

Default 55$ pokerstars 1table SNGs questions

I've been playing them, and I have a few questions -- First of all I own Pokertracker, and am moving from rings. What is a good way to be able to import my tournament histories into PT?

Secondly, a few tough situations--I have KQo in UTG+2 7 handed blinds 50/100 w/ 1200 in chips. Sometimes I fold, sometimes I limp, and sometimes I raise to 250--who likes what the most?

Secondly, what blind to stack ratio do you need to be stealing the blinds with suited connectors like J9s or 78s from the cutoff? I usually will triple it w/ t1200 blinds 25/50...

Bubble play: 4 handed blinds 100/200 and I have 1.5k to 2k in chips, and there is another stack exactly my size. What range of hands do you push with? I go 77+, AJ+ KQ
Old 12-19-2005, 11:33 PM

Default Re: 55$ pokerstars 1table SNGs questions

[ QUOTE ]
I've been playing them, and I have a few questions -- First of all I own Pokertracker, and am moving from rings. What is a good way to be able to import my tournament histories into PT?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ask Pokertracker Pat.

[ QUOTE ]
Secondly, a few tough situations--I have KQo in UTG+2 7 handed blinds 50/100 w/ 1200 in chips. Sometimes I fold, sometimes I limp, and sometimes I raise to 250--who likes what the most?

[/ QUOTE ]

Some times, I値l fold AQo UTG+2, I知 never bringing in KQo for a raise in EMP.

[ QUOTE ]
Secondly, what blind to stack ratio do you need to be stealing the blinds with suited connectors like J9s or 78s from the cutoff? I usually will triple it w/ t1200 blinds 25/50...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well in Party, I知 waiting until around 13bb to raise in lvl3. If its folded to me and I知 CO or BTN.

Post real hands.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:43 AM

[/ QUOTE ]Some times, I値l fold AQo UTG+2, I知 never bringing in KQo for a raise in EMP

[/ QUOTE ]
this is a big leak. Pushing with AQ in this postion is close to netual EV, so raising cant be wron.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:56 AM

You are describing TAG multi-table strategy - KQo is a clear fold on 90% of table textures, in my game 1200 stack does qualify for ANY stealing/pot building on 25/50. 3rd depends hugely on your read of the other 1.5-2k stack - most of the time my range would be much tighter than you describe, but if run into my clone, I have to outplay him with situational pushes. Only time I would push AJ, AQo, and less than JJ is when I have a non-tight image.