Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 11:00 PM

Default Re: (LC) I_love_JD on Stars

[ QUOTE ]
early in tourney still in rebuy, she raised utg with KTo and called my button push for 2x buyin lol

[/ QUOTE ]

this is generally correct strategy for early in a rebuy tourney.
Barry Greenstein mentioned that he played this way in his book.
Mason Malmuth didn't go quite that far in his essay on rebuy strategy...but did advocate playing much looser than normal to accumulate chips.

Based on this player's results alone I would think one might consider emulating their playing style rather than mocking it.
Her game is most certainly better than yours.

If her results are too small a sample for you than consider the opinions of solid players like Greenstein and Negreneau who will tell you that the higher EV strategy for most rebuy formats is fast and loose during the rebuy period.

Many players in rebuys are so tight in the first hour that they really aren't helping their EV very much.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:26 PM

Default Re: (LC) I_love_JD on Stars

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
early in tourney still in rebuy, she raised utg with KTo and called my button push for 2x buyin lol

[/ QUOTE ]

this is generally correct strategy for early in a rebuy tourney.
Barry Greenstein mentioned that he played this way in his book.
Mason Malmuth didn't go quite that far in his essay on rebuy strategy...but did advocate playing much looser than normal to accumulate chips.

Based on this player's results alone I would think one might consider emulating their playing style rather than mocking it.
Her game is most certainly better than yours.

If her results are too small a sample for you than consider the opinions of solid players like Greenstein and Negreneau who will tell you that the higher EV strategy for most rebuy formats is fast and loose during the rebuy period.

Many players in rebuys are so tight in the first hour that they really aren't helping their EV very much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I am one of those fishes who waits for abighand to call the people going allin for 100xBB with KTo.