Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-01-2005, 12:14 AM

Default Re: One year ago today, I...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-I am as tight as a college girl

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno where you went to collge, but most campuses I've been on haven't featured many TAGs.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i would have to echo bones' sentiments as most of my encounters with the fairer sex have been loose passives [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to move to Texas then. Rap speaks the truth about TCU girls.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry dude, from what i hear there are only two things in texas....
Old 12-01-2005, 12:16 AM

- EVERYDAY regretting not taking up Irieguy's offer to coach me in Feb 2005 because at that time i had 25% itm over my 1st 700 50+5 SnGs

By next year (Jan 27007) i hope to:
- Crush the 109's [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

or

- Have a noose around my neck [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2005, 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno where you went to collge, but most campuses I've been on haven't featured many TAGs.

[/ QUOTE ]

my school is a bunch of LAGs. its wonderful. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

I need to go to ft worth more often
Old 12-01-2005, 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i would have to echo bones' sentiments as most of my encounters with the fairer sex have been loose passives [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Warm weather and young, promiscuous girls?
Old 12-01-2005, 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Warm weather and young, promiscuous girls?

[/ QUOTE ]

ZING. thats the only thing i ever encounter. holla
Old 12-01-2005, 01:12 AM

One year ago today, I ...

1. Joined 2+2 (almost literally)

2. Played SNGs at Absolute Poker

3. Hid that I played poker for real money from my wife.

4. Single tabled on a 17" LCD

5. Played $22s with a $100 BR.

6. Was a losing poker player

7. Had a son who was 1 year old

8. Was only a few days away from meeting someone (Negative EV) who changed my poker life while playing on a table on Party Poker.

Since then, I have...

1. Posted far too much on 2+2

2. Played SNGs at Party Poker, Empire, Eurobet, Pokerstars, Bodog, Battlefield, Absolute, Pokershare, and Colosseum.

3. My wife supports my poker hobby

4. Have bought 2 Dell 2001fp’s. Don’t know if I could ever use a computer again without 2 monitors for things even non-poker related.

5. Play the $22s, $33s, & $55s pretty consistently. 8 tabling. Don’t feel that I’ve developed as fast as I should have.

6. Have won more $$ in 2005 than I have at any job I have ever had.

7. Have two sons, a 2 year old, and a 5 month old.

8. Have taught one 2+2er. The experience has taught me that I have far too much to learn to ever do again. It has also enlightened me as to how much I have learned over the past year. That being said, the best experience that has come from teaching is the friendship that developed.

Poker has become an important part of my life. Not only have I learned a lot about the game itself, but it has taught me things about life as well.

Scuba Chuck
Old 12-01-2005, 01:15 AM

One year ago today, I. . .

1. Was determined to find a way to beat blackjack without card counting.
2. Had not played a single hand of Texas Hold Em.
3. Had not even heard of Chris Moneymaker or ever watched an episode of WPT/WSOP.
4. Could not, with any level of certainty, recite to you the rank of poker hands.

Since then, I have. . .

1. Finished 2nd in my brother’s first ever monthly home Texas Hold Em tourney. I was totally destroyed head to head by a player that actually knew what he was doing.
2. Started playing internet poker on a site I was using for sports betting, Bodog.
3. Bought and digested about a dozen books on poker. I gained more from one (HOH) than I have all the others combined!
4. I found this message board and have learned tons from many of you folks here. There are a couple of posters that have spent some of their very valuable extra time in developing my SNG skills, but I am quite sure they would rather remain un-named. My family and I thank you for what has been accomplished thus far.
5. Taken two trips to Vegas, including an early June visit that culminated with me busting out pre-bubble in Event #2 of the WSOP.
6. layed roughly 4,000 SNGs since late July with a wide variety of results.
7. “Let” (sounds like a really poor choice of words here) my wife quit her job for a variety of family-related reasons. The decision was made much easier due to the income from SNGs plus rakeback (from Eurobet, which I no longer have!), in addition to the costs of her commuting and daycare.
8. Took first place in the end-of-year Home Game at my brother’s house.
Old 12-01-2005, 01:17 AM

Dec. 1 2004........
Loaded PP up and started play money career.

1 month later, had 2MM or so chips and thought... What we all think. God's gift.

Had way too much to do in real life and was skeert of money games, so resisted the idea of playing "for real".

In January, a successful player got drunk and put real money in my account ($50 + $25 load-up bonus). Now I'm really skeert!

Played ring games. If I won enough for an $11, then I'd play one. Finish OTM? I was done for the day. That worked for a while until I won a few and realized that It was true....... Damn I'm good!

So I played the $55's. Damn I suck! Lost it all in 2 days.

Re-loaded for $200 in February and decided to read 2+2 all of the time and actually try to become a decent player.

Then to now:
Devised a practice system to improve play, discussed hands and read this forum (lurked) every day.

Started winning on a consistent basis, enough to help pay bills.

Became a regular poster here in May or some-such. Y'all are the best!

Met a bajillion 2p2ers in Vegas and made money playing poker, mechanical horses and slots.

Made the final table in 3 tourneys of over 1000 players.

Met a bajillion more great people over Labor Day at the HUC1 in Vegas. Made money playing poker, Let it Ride and Black Jack. Oh, there was that one Keno thing as well.

In short: Financed a car for wifey, paid for trips to Vegas twice and Reno once, pull enough out of BR each month to buy appliances that break, new shoes for kid, whatever is needed.

But I'm not a good player yet. 200x better than one year ago thanks to you guys and your posts, advice and friendship this year. Someday I hope to multi-table more than just once in a while.

I could name names (like Sixes, Skipper, Irie, Yugo, Zen, Cleinen, Raptor, Greke, Lacky, Beefie, Usher, Apathy, Unarmed and so many others) but I won't.

Say it like Hellmuth: "I cannot, just cannot wait until President's Day........" Shalacka
Old 12-01-2005, 01:42 AM

One year ago today, I...

1. Had made around $4k playing online and was very happy about it

2. Had played 6 SNGs above the 30s, less than 200 total SNGs, and never heard of ROI as a measure of success

3. Never made a final table

4. Had never met or talked to any 2+2ers

5. Folded from EP in level 1 with 55

6. Played on a single monitor with hideous overlap

7. Knew I needed to read more and post more if I wanted to be any good.

Since then, I have...

1. Made more money playing poker than I have from writing software, in 1/3 of the hours.

2. Played 3000+ 109s with a double digit ROI

3. Finished 2nd and 3rd in the 30+3 rebuy and 2nd in a 150, all with around 400 players.

4. Talked to my first 2+2er at the tables in April. Some guy by the name of bebop86.. Not sure if he's still around (holla). I've briefly talked to a few others when we've been HU, but I'm still probably a little too anti-social. Haven't met anyone.

5. Limped and gladly called a raise to 60 from EP with 55 in level 1 more times than I can remember

6. Bought the obligatory 2 2001 FPs and love them

7. Read a ton of 2+2, but not posted or thought enough to become a very good player

Next year, I plan to...

1 & 2. Figure out which level of SNG is the most profitable for me and play a ton of them. Improve my limit game enough to 8+ table 15/30

3. Win a MTT with a buyin of at least $100

4. Discuss more hands/concepts with players who are better than me

5. Keep flopping sets and letting the bad players throw away their money, but be open to the possibility that there will be some games where folding is better.

6. Buy another monitor so IM stops popping up over my tables

7. Post more often
Old 12-01-2005, 01:50 AM

One year ago...
1. Won 15 mtts in a month including a Super Thursday and a trip to Aussie millions.

Now..
1. Have won and lost my bankroll 3 times. Once to party blackjack. Bought 3 Dell 2001fps, had one stolen with all my other electronics, had my bike stolen from right in front of me. I have less then 1k in the bank until january and 500. online.