Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 03:58 PM

Default $100 full ring at party: AJs

This hand from last night has been bothering me a bit today, but maybe it shouldn't... From memory:

Villian's stats for my first 15 hands are something like 55/8/2, for what it's worth. I haven't paid enough attention to actually watch him play a hand yet, though.

My stack ~ $100
Villian ~ $150

Villian limps UTG for $1. Folded to me in the CO and I raise A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] to $4. All fold, villian calls. 2 to the flop for $9.5

Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Villian bets $2, Hero raises to $11, Villian reraises to $30, Hero...

What does the min bet flop, reraise large line mean in this context? Villian is strong? Villian is donkish? Villian is donkish but strong?
Old 11-30-2005, 04:02 PM

Default Re: $100 full ring at party: AJs

push

one small detail, I make it 5 PF
Old 11-30-2005, 04:07 PM

I'd say he's got a flush draw and, IMO, your raise on the flop is a fraction too small.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:22 PM

Fold (against most villains), your hand is no good. I put villain on a range of JJ, aj, ak, q10, MAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYBE AQ with his flop action.

If you have a read that villain will overplay TPTK type hands then i MIGHT be able to find a push, but I dont like it, cuz the only hand that you are even beating (AQ), isnt very far behind you.

Edit: read the other repsonses that said push. What range do you guys put him on (I agree combo draw mayyyyybe naked draw is in his range, but the rest of his range has you smoked.) I think this is a clear fold
Old 11-30-2005, 07:09 PM

Default BUMP

Im interested in knowing what some of the regulars think about this hand?
Old 11-30-2005, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold (against most villains), your hand is no good. I put villain on a range of JJ, aj, ak, q10, MAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYBE AQ with his flop action.

If you have a read that villain will overplay TPTK type hands then i MIGHT be able to find a push, but I dont like it, cuz the only hand that you are even beating (AQ), isnt very far behind you.

Edit: read the other repsonses that said push. What range do you guys put him on (I agree combo draw mayyyyybe naked draw is in his range, but the rest of his range has you smoked.) I think this is a clear fold

[/ QUOTE ]

So your read here is that villain limped AK or JJ UTG and then flat called a raise with it. Honestly i'd be more worried about QTs more than anything else or some other pair+flush draw combo. I think KJ and AQ is such a likely hand for villain here that I probably get it all in here.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:49 PM

i don't think you can get away from this. at 6max there is no question i would push, but even in full ring i think its still a push.

if villain is playing a little over half his hands so far, i can see him playing this way with all of these: Axs, KJo, KQs-K8s, QJs-Q9s.

sometimes he'll have a slowly played AK or JJ here but its def not enough times to make this a fold.

don't sweat it if you happened to be behind this time...
Old 11-30-2005, 07:59 PM

Villain sounds like the type to have QT here. Besides that you are beating Kx[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] but I dunno. Not a great spot, folding sounds good.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:02 PM

Would he really reraise you with a draw here? In my limited experience this is rare, especially since you have shown so much strength.

However, many players at this level do overvalue hands, especially hands better than top pair. IMO, the way the villain played the hand, if he really is that loose, KJ is a very likely holding.

On the other hand if the villain is tricky, he may have made the small bet on the flop, begging for you to raise him so he can repop you. if that is that is the case, he likely has JJ. AA or KK would have limp/reraised right.

sorry, i sort of worked through this one as a typed it out.

fwiw, i think he had JJ. Limped donkishly and then called to raise looking for rags or a set.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:03 PM

Limping JJ utg is not a bad idea, same with ak. Im not saying villain has AK or JJ, but its surely in their hand range. I do not see how AQ is in villains hand range? Limp utg followed by bet/3bet? Is he that bad? Who limps KJ utg? Is villain solid or donk?

Edited to add: If villain is solid, this is insta fold, if he is a donk, I need a strong read to play here, as we are playing for stacks now. I prob fold here without a STRONG read (as in seeing villain routinely overplay TPTK type hands and slowplaying his bigger hands)

Oh, and villlain is definately a donk, since be minbet/3bet