Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2005, 11:27 PM

Default Re: 88 in BB - i c/c, c/r.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why not bet the flop and let UTG blow button away?

[/ QUOTE ]
because i don't expect him to raise with a worse hand often at all. if this does work (let's say he raises with
A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and takes a free turn card), he's still going to outdraw me ~30% of the time. but most of the time he raises, he'll have an overpair or AJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he is successful in knocking out the button, this would be a pretty standard spot for a stop and go and fold to another raise.
Old 11-26-2005, 11:45 PM

What do you think about donk/folding the turn? I like your line (assuming we're folding to a 3-bet) if he might raise a turn donk with a hand you beat. What's your plan for the river?
Old 11-27-2005, 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't mind how you played it. I've been 3-betting this a lot PF lately though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that 3 betting PF OOP this situation is horrible, and if you are doing that often, you are putting way too much money in PF OOP.

I dig the whole hand so far. That second jack is really good, and you should fold to a three bet if it happens
Old 11-27-2005, 03:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't mind how you played it. I've been 3-betting this a lot PF lately though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that 3 betting PF OOP this situation is horrible, and if you are doing that often, you are putting way too much money in PF OOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're argument is basically applicable to any hand. If I 3-bet 88 here isn't for the same reason I 3-bet AA.
Old 11-27-2005, 04:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you think about donk/folding the turn? I like your line (assuming we're folding to a 3-bet) if he might raise a turn donk with a hand you beat. What's your plan for the river?

[/ QUOTE ]
i don't think donk/folding is bad. the guy won't raise me with a worse hand. i kind of like checking more though, because i get to see if button raises and i get value from overcards that will bet here but perhaps fold to a donk bet. the great thing is that he will often fold his 6 outs to my c/r, too.

my river plan obviously depends on what happens after my c/r. if they both call (or if only UTG calls) i'm leading any non A/K/Q river. i'm not sure what i do if an A/K/Q falls. if only button calls i'm leading any river. if they both fold, i rejoice.
Old 11-27-2005, 04:51 AM

yeah.

fold to a 3bet.

bet the river regardless of what it is.