Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 11-26-2005, 12:33 AM

Default 3 back to back premium hands

Fighting a huge downswing today (-200bb), this is closer to the end of the session, tilting a little bit. The player I'm heads up with is the same in all 3 of these hands (and later beat an AA with A5 by going runner runner 5). So it's just one of those days. Anybody do anything drastically different here? Second hand I'm thinkin I should just call down on the turn, but since this was the second hand in a row I figured he couldn't have it again, which I know is very wrong thinking but still.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, Button calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, Button calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

River: (12.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 14.25 BB

---

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (6 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (12 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB

---

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.75 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.75 BB
Old 11-26-2005, 12:38 AM

Default Re: 3 back to back premium hands

I'm not capping/leading out the 3rd hand without a read. Specific of which, got any?
Old 11-26-2005, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not capping/leading out the 3rd hand without a read. Specific of which, got any?

[/ QUOTE ]
This was the first 3 hands at the table (and lost my 25bb buyin on the fourth hand when I picked up AA 4 hands later), so no reads.
Old 11-26-2005, 12:44 AM

Specific of which is not a phrase. Sorry about that.

I think some are going to fight your 3-bet in hand 2. I don't hate it, but when he caps I think you're toast. And pot committed. Like hand 3.
Old 11-26-2005, 02:04 AM

Quit raising with big offsuit cards out of the blinds if you'd like to cut your varience. You're not going to fold anyone out, and you're bloating multiway pots oop w/ hands that play better short handed.
Old 11-26-2005, 02:32 AM

I may have alot of people disargee but I dont like the 3 bet with AQ off. Your out of postion I would just call. If it were suited maybe 3 bet
SneakyChicken
Old 11-26-2005, 05:30 AM

If you are at a table with poor players who ignore the odds, isn't it better to get money into the pot preflop when you have sizeable equity edge rather than trying to protect your hand later on, which can be very difficult against loose passives?

Against competant players, yes this is a better idea because they will "respect your raises" but in these cases, get your money in when you are ahead, as you will win large pots with these hands, just slightly less frequently. Furthermore, none of these hands has that large of a field that this even factors in.
Old 11-26-2005, 09:00 AM

Hand 1:
Not a lot you can do.

Hand 2:
I consider c/r the turn. Also not a lot you can do.

Hand 3:
I give less action here. If I gave this much action on the flop and got c/r'd on the turn, I fold or curse myself for calling down. Specifically, if UTG 3-bets the flop, you can just call and call down. You're in a bad situation and can't protect your hand, but that's the best you can do anyways.
Old 11-26-2005, 09:56 AM

Hand #1 is an easy 3-bet preflop: it is 5-handed not full ring. i would donkbet the river and fold to a raise. looks like 2 pair, but if he's on a flush draw, he'll check the river through with a worse hand. plus you don't want to call the river bet incase UTG was on a flush draw and get c/r and get tempted to waste 2 BBs. so i'm donking to fold to a raise by either player basically unless you think someone will raise with less than TPGK then i'd play it the same.

hand #2: pretty much the same strategy as hand #1 to call the turn raise and donk/call the river. don't 3-bet the turn if you plan on seeing the river unless you have some nutty read we're not aware of. once he caps, you're toast against an ABC player.

hand#3: you gotta fold to the turn c/r IMO. you've shown enough strength.

part of your downswing could be due to holding too long and/or pushing too hard with these TPTK type hands unless you have some LAG read.