Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 11-17-2005, 01:09 PM

Default Re: KK, when to let it go

[ QUOTE ]
Well this is 0.15/0.30, so a player's call generally means that he has... well 2 cards. Ok not that bad but you get the idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right though. It is quite frequent at the quasi-nano-limits for three (or more) to showdown and the third guy always has like bottom pair or a mid-pocket pair or something. I have no idea what these guys are thinking, but its mega +EV.

Hence, an overcall in nano-limit doesn't necessarily mean you're beat. Further, the, um, SB was it? or BB... anyway, the post flop aggressor in this hand betting into 2 people doesn't necessarily mean he's holding the goods either. Most players don't think that complex at that level.

Based upon the above, and just a wild theory I thought up while sitting here bored, I think just calling down may be a valid argument. You are probably ahead of one of these guys and you are probably planning on showing this down. I know I would plan to show it down once the second ace showed up. I want the third guy in calling with his pocket sevens or pair of queens or gut shot straight draw to help increase the size of the pot and at least make my call down worth it.

However, if your read is that these two guys are particularly weak (and I mean very weak - which you sometimes find), raising could force out an A2o or whatever (at least on the flop).

Then I would cry when they showed an A3s and an A6o.

Edit: Check that, I would cry when one of those guys showed a 23o for twos over aces.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:23 PM

Default Re: KK, when to let it go

I'd cap preflop, and then if SB bets and gets an overcall, I'd peel because AQx flop could make some split Q pairs or straight draws. If SB bets out again and gets overcalled again on the turn, I'd fold. Your not winning 1 time in 5.5 and thats what your getting if you have to call 2BB to make 11. It might get raised on the river also, which would actually be good though, because then you could fold with confidence.