Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2005, 11:50 PM

Default Re: Eddie Guerrero Dead

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't realize how many had died. Mr. Perfect, Hercules Hernandez, and Yokozuna.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow I had not followed wrestling because the writting went downhill a few years back, but wow so many are dead. Big bossman, crash holly, yokozuna, all dead, wow...

So whats the reason behind them being drug addicts? I mean the roids I could understand, same with the pain killers, but whats up with all of them being hooked on coke and other crap? Any reason for that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably the same reasons that many other entertainers seem to fall prey to these things.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:10 AM

Although an autopsy is in the works, a theory I have heard mentioned tonight on a couple of wrestling sites is the possibility of a brain anyerism (sp??). Apparently Ken Kennedy delivered a chair shot last week on Smackdown that could have done the damage. Chavo was suppossedly with him as they arrived in Minnesota last night and spoke of Eddies pride about his recent anniversary of being "clean." It seems as if many in the business (including those closest to Eddie) would be shocked if his fatality was drug-induced in any way.
And to all the flamers out there, yes wrestling is "fake," just like virtually every other programming on television. It is the brilliant marriage between sports and entertainment and Eddie was one of the best at this art. He will be sorely missed!
Les
Old 11-14-2005, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not if the subject is in-ring ability.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, I hate to break this to you, but pro-werstling is fake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee, look at that, another idiot who has no idea what the [censored] he;s talking about trying to make himself look better than some of the smartest people on the board, because they like wrestling.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Although an autopsy is in the works, a theory I have heard mentioned tonight on a couple of wrestling sites is the possibility of a brain anyerism (sp??). Apparently Ken Kennedy delivered a chair shot last week on Smackdown that could have done the damage. Chavo was suppossedly with him as they arrived in Minnesota last night and spoke of Eddies pride about his recent anniversary of being "clean." It seems as if many in the business (including those closest to Eddie) would be shocked if his fatality was drug-induced in any way.
And to all the flamers out there, yes wrestling is "fake," just like virtually every other programming on television. It is the brilliant marriage between sports and entertainment and Eddie was one of the best at this art. He will be sorely missed!
Les

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you said it best!
Old 11-14-2005, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And to all the flamers out there, yes wrestling is "fake," just like virtually every other programming on television.

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember, you're trying to comvince people that wrestling fans aren't dumbasses.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And to all the flamers out there, yes wrestling is "fake," just like virtually every other programming on television.

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember, you're trying to comvince people that wrestling fans aren't dumbasses.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only way to do this is to show them a few very good matches. It depends on the type of person they are. Usually some high flying stuff will work, sometimes if they're a UFC fan, something like Angle/Benoit will work (ie, technical work). You could also do a good street fight (HHH/HBK, perhaps HBK/Taker HIAC).

A well exectued match is a beautiful thing.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You didnt get what he was trying to say at all.

Anyway I havent watched wrestling in a while because the writting has been terrible, but wrestling can be either funny or serious, when its funny its the same thing as watching a good sitcom on tv. They all act their parts and you laugh, just like any other sitcom. The only difference is that there is fighting that is supposed to look real in it. When the story is either non existent or not really funny its like watching an action movie as there is mostly fighting and not much comedy or anything else. The fights are the same anyway, in both Wrestling and Action Movies the fights are planned and the actors know who is going to win.

I really liked the comedy aspect of wrestling so the lack of stories makes it hard for me to watch, but still if they ever get good stories going again ill tune in. Also the terrorist wrestler made me laugh so hard, too bad the WWE gave in to protests. It could have been the Sargent Slaughter working for Iraq story line all over again and it would have been hilarious.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The only way to do this is to show them a few very good matches. It depends on the type of person they are. Usually some high flying stuff will work, sometimes if they're a UFC fan, something like Angle/Benoit will work (ie, technical work). You could also do a good street fight (HHH/HBK, perhaps HBK/Taker HIAC).

A well exectued match is a beautiful thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

whenever a non wrestling fan rags on it, I just pop in Kenta Kobashi matches. I love american wrestling, but nothing that I have seen in this country compares to some of his legendary matches.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:13 AM

Kobashi is amazing, but my favorite work will always be radicals+angle+jericho stuff.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:13 AM

I just read the spoilers for tommorrow nights raw and friday's smackdown, all I can say is that these will be must watch episodes and you will want the tape in the vcr. Benoit gives a speech to remember and there will be an amazing video package that will not leave a dry eye for any fan. I'm not gonna say anymore then that, but just know that these episdoes need to be watched