Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

View Poll Results: Raiders of the Lost Ark (2) or Road House (15)?
Raiders of the Lost Ark (2) 99 95.19%
Road House (15) 5 4.81%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-15-2005, 07:02 PM

Default Re: running a household

Okay, then. I am the lone girl who responded that I would rather work than stay at home. Hmm, maybe I will feel different once little Ettie arrives in February, but I don't think so. I enjoy my job (attorney), which is pretty strictly 7-4:30 w/ every other Friday off, so I can actually have a family life.

I have never been very domestic, you can ask my husband. Just the other night I nearly poisoned him again with my cooking (over spiced the pork w/ hot pepper seasoning). He is much better at cleaning & cooking than I am.

I must note, though, that lately I have been more domestic, getting dishes done, laundry, etc. Could be those girl hormones finally kicking in now that I am expecting, we will have to see if it sticks.
Old 10-15-2005, 07:30 PM

I would expect both of us to be working. Now if his "job" is playing poker, then of course by being home all day I would expect him to help around the house and maybe keep the kids at home. If we both work outside of home, I would assume the housework, cooking, laundry because I don't mind doing that... Kids can be a shared duty.
Old 10-15-2005, 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
guys: i would rather be a stay at home dad, while my wife supports the family financially.

[/ QUOTE ]

However, I'd expect both of us to be working, as that would be financially what would make the most sense (probably).
Old 10-15-2005, 09:34 PM

I prefer to financially support the family while she stays home barefoot with the kids and has my dinner ready every night when I get home from the bar. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2005, 11:03 PM

Your husband promised more pics of your boobs but has failed to produce. Can you help us out?
Old 10-15-2005, 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your husband promised more pics of your boobs but has failed to produce. Can you help us out?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. And toward that end, "The Dangle" is the preferred pose.
Old 10-15-2005, 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a coworker of mine is about to enter into the situaton of working opposite shifts full time, i can't imagine how much that would suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Friends of mine have been doing the same thing, and they're always tired and never see each other. The husband would like to quit his job (which he hates) and hang out with the kids full time, but the wife has some financial paranoia and insists they both have to be earning some dough (even though they are already quite comfortable financially).

I work from home (not p*ker) and we still send the kid to daycare. Kids demand too much attention for you to get any work done at the same time.
Old 10-15-2005, 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

also i think a lot of people don't like the idea of being the one 'hard at work' while their husband/wife 'gets to stay at home' and it can cause resentment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Staying home with kids is 'hard work', and resentment can go both ways. You obviously do not have kids, most women that do would argue that it is more work than going to an office. You need to remember that a stay at home mom works 24/7.

I have been in every situation. When we first had kids, we both worked. I worked from home for a number of years, and now my wife stays home, and I work. I would not trade with my wife, and most men would not. When she does leave me at home for a day or a weekend, she usually returns to find me curled up in a ball, begging to go back to work. Not really, but it is hard work.
Old 10-15-2005, 11:56 PM

I would love to be at home everyday with my kids. My current job allows this three days a week, the other 4 I am out of town for my job.

My wife and I both make really good money, so either one of staying at home is not an option right now when there is so much in life that we desire for both us and our 3 kids. Household chores are split for the most part, though I am seriously considering a maid and a lawn service. As for the job, I work at the happiest place on Earth, so the kids do not want me to quit...ever!

Maybe in a few years one of us will stay at home full time...I know my wife as stated if it came down to this she would be the one staying home.
Old 10-15-2005, 11:57 PM

i want to work and my husband stay home and NOT work...guess im weird for that

i still wanna be able to get home in time to cook dinner though...i LOVEEEEEEEEE cooking for people