Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2005, 12:38 PM

Default Re: Been caught stealing....

This hand would be much more interesting if u gave us reads, because it really is playerdependent. But normally attack on flop and fold if they play back at you hard enough.

Fold preflop, both times. Raising 87o from CO without good reads (like if button is 17/11/1) are a misstake.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:45 PM

I fold preflop when it's capped... but since you played it, I say DEFINITLEY raise the flop and bet the rest of the way. If he gets tricky and 3 bets the flop or raises you on the turn you're going to need a read probably... sometimes they are going to be full of [censored] and desperate...
Old 10-06-2005, 12:49 PM

Wow, I never raise 87o from the CO.

Considering you did, you can still fold for 2 more bets back to you, especially since one of the raisers is the button and you don't have full position. You will usually have to hit your hand twice and if 5:1 is enough for that, I can think of a plethora of low/mid offsuit hands that should play. Unfortunately, that's not the case and preflop should be a fold twice.

Once you call the other two preflop, flop call is good. (Edit: didn't see the pair on the flop. Flop call isn't as good considering you have 2 outs most of the time) Turn raise is shaky, but a call is correct. River check is fine.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:57 PM

Bad info, I would raise 78o to steal depending on the guys i'm playing. You should think more about stealing yourself. He has to raise that flop, and he has to bet the turn (and maybe fold to a raise there). I don't see any reason he should check that river either, he makes money by betting. He's going to get someone holding their big cards that didn't hit often here... AK/AQ and even the really bad ones that can't throw away anything at all, like KQ.
Old 10-06-2005, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bad info, I would raise 78o to steal depending on the guys i'm playing. You should think more about stealing yourself. He has to raise that flop, and he has to bet the turn (and maybe fold to a raise there). I don't see any reason he should check that river either, he makes money by betting. He's going to get someone holding their big cards that didn't hit often here... AK/AQ and even the really bad ones that can't throw away anything at all, like KQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

I might raise 87o from the button against some blinds, but not from the cutoff. "Bad info"??? I don't think so. I believe telling people they should raise 87o from the c/o is bad info.

Putting one of the players on AK/AQ/KQ is ok. Putton both of them on those hands is wishfull thinking in a warped attempt to justify your hand being good. You will see TT, JJ and even QQ here very often.
Old 10-06-2005, 02:08 PM

I fold this hand preflop unless button and blinds are way too tight (so that would be a vpip of maybe 1%). If that were the case, and these too-tight players had it capped by the time it got back to me, I couldn't fold fast enough.

As it turned out, I think this is a very thin value bet that might get raised, and I don't want to fold, so I check it through. After you show this one down, you might want to tighten up a little, because your stealing days are over at this table.
Old 10-06-2005, 02:26 PM

If you want to mix it up, I would raise with 78s, not 78o, it is just too weak. Unless of course the blinds are giving their money away.

I think you can get some info on the strenth of your opponents hands on the flop for less money. This of course means raise. If you get a 3-bet behind you you should be done with the hand after an UI'ed peel. After you raise the turn in a protected pot you've shown so much strength the blind is worried about a monster and will go into calldown mode, even with an overpair IMO and experience (this makes the river value bet thin IMO as well, but I think I miss value bets so take this as you will).