Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2005, 12:19 PM

Default Full ring for a change?

Thinking about taking a breather from 5-10 6max and playing 5-10 full for a week or two just to see what it's like.

I haven't really played full ring limit in the last year, so bear with me.
Need some advice:
VPIP/PFR to shoot for? I was thinking something along the lines of 15/13, but from a little datamining it looks like nobody has a pfr over 11 or so.

Do the games really suck? If the only 5-10 fulls on party are hyper rocky and craptastical, I'll give it a miss.

Why am I posting this in HUSH? I respect you guys, I love this forum, I just need a break from playing short.
Old 09-28-2005, 06:11 PM

Default Re: Full ring for a change?

My full-ring game has changed greatly since moving to 6-max these past few months, but for reference my full-ring stats before moving to 6-max were something in the realm of VPIP16-17/PFR9-10. I played a little looser than the VPIP13-15 guys by defending my blinds more, for instance.Dynamic table conditions should dictate significantly both these stats. Imo, you can find better games and more profit potential scouting 5/10 full games outside of Party at the smaller-medium rooms. I hated the game selection at the 5/10 full games at party--was like playing a 1/2 full game at Interpoker during a monthly reload back in the day.
Old 09-28-2005, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thinking about taking a breather from 5-10 6max and playing 5-10 full for a week or two just to see what it's like.

[/ QUOTE ]

why? you're not missing anything. while the players obviously suck, they're not as bad as they are in 6max.
Old 09-28-2005, 07:11 PM

I'm sorta doing the same thing right now, except I'm just playing a full table or two in addition to the 6max, and sometimes only one full table.

I think you can increase to like 10/20 or 15/30 because there is a lot less variance and I also think that short and full games at a certain limit don't correspond as quite the same skill.
Old 09-28-2005, 07:42 PM

less variance sure. but not near so much that 5-10 short carries the same risk or roll requirements as 15-30 ring
Old 09-28-2005, 07:57 PM

5/10 ring is a decent game. You'll want to play between 17/12 and 20/14 depending on game conditions. Most players aren't nearly aggressive enough preflop. Oh, and you'll get bored quickly.