Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2005, 09:31 AM

Default running bad or playing bad? Gotta post hands...

Hand 1:
Villain is a good TAG, 28/22. Is the river raise too much? I felt like I was protected from a reraise by the board.
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

River: (11 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 15 BB

Hand 2:
Villain is a loose 50/18, fold the turn instead?
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

River: (13 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 13 BB

Hand 3:
No read on villain. Christ, I'm a calling station.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (7 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

Hand 4:
Villain is a decent TAG. Do I have to call the river?

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (2.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

Down 260BB in the last 2600 hands. I'm reeling.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:38 PM

Default Re: running bad or playing bad? Gotta post hands...

hand 1: raise flop?
hand 2: which one is 50/18?
hand 3: looks good. i don't know why you call yourself a calling station, i think the river wouldn't be that bad a call even.
hand 4: obviously you lost, a tag raising you on that blank turn means your top pair no kicker is likely not good. having said that, i'm not sure that you can fold the river either. you can with a stong enough read.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:51 PM

hand 1-raise the flop
hand 2-i think its ok, id like a better read
hand 3-im assuming this river fold is a joke
hand 4-id probably raise preflop if UTG sucks. id strongly consider 3betting the turn. if you woulda folded the river i probably wouldnt even wasted my time replying to any of these hands.

looks to me like you are running bad and playing scared as a result.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hand 4: obviously you lost, a tag raising you on that blank turn means your top pair no kicker is likely not good. having said that, i'm not sure that you can fold the river either. you can with a stong enough read.

[/ QUOTE ]

in an unraised pot like this? I think hero is good here a ton of the time. TAG means tight AGRESSIVE, remember....
Old 09-12-2005, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hand 3-im assuming this river fold is a joke

[/ QUOTE ]

see? and you call yourself a calling station...
Old 09-12-2005, 07:57 PM

yeah i'm not folding this either. but the turn card was a total blank and he decided to raise... wtf is a tag limping utg then playing this way? since i don't know, i'm calling down. it's gotta be either a bluff or a monster i think. i just know he lost from the tone of the post. "do i have to call this river?"
Old 09-12-2005, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah i'm not folding this either. but the turn card was a total blank and he decided to raise... wtf is a tag limping utg then playing this way? since i don't know, i'm calling down. it's gotta be either a bluff or a monster i think. i just know he lost from the tone of the post. "do i have to call this river?"

[/ QUOTE ]

oh [censored] by bad, I thought that the tag/villian was BB. now i def. dont consider 3betting the turn and am not so happy about calling the river.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:14 PM

Agree with what others said. You gotta raise flop in hand one and I think you must call that river in hand 3.