Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 09-09-2005, 06:08 PM

Default preflop raisefest with TT vs. a LAG

Villain in this hand is a LAG. He runs lots of insane bluffs and loses a lot of stacks, but he's certainly got game. He views me as weak-tight, and knows that my raises mean solid cards, but that I often lay down to preflop reraises.

Anyway. 20-20 game, effective stack is $2000.

I limp with TT UTG, LAG raises to $80 from UTG+1, 4 callers.

My read on the callers is that they would've popped the LAG with AK, JJ-AA, so I judge that my tens are ahead of all the callers and usually way ahead of LAG.

I make it $500 to go.

LAG pushes.

Everyone else gets out of the way.

Pot is $3000, I've got $1500 to me. Call or fold?

Also, what do you think of the size of my preflop reraise? Big enough, not big enough, just plain silly?
Old 09-09-2005, 06:31 PM

Default Re: preflop raisefest with TT vs. a LAG

I think that I just play this one for set value Creed. I rarely CR on the flop, but I would be very tempted to do it here if I flopped I set. I very easily could imagine a scenario where the LAG bets the flop and one of the players behind him raises with top pair, etc., leaving you in a great spot. In other words, the LAG may run some of the players behind him into trouble if you get a favorable flop.

If you reraise preflop here, I think that it has to be bigger (around $700) unless you are very certain that you are ahead of the LAG. You left the LAG with just enough behind here to put you to the test when he pushes. On the other hand, maybe you left yourself with enough behind to get away if you are beat . . . [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-09-2005, 07:52 PM

Limp re-raise with 1010?

After your re-raise, wouldn't a thinking lag put you on some type of hand if he views you as weak tight?

I would fold.

Why didn't you just call instead of re-reraise?
Old 09-09-2005, 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Why didn't you just call instead of re-reraise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because there's $450 in the pot and he's raising preflop with garbage a lot of the time.
Old 09-10-2005, 03:51 AM

I personally would fold the hand, the fact that you limped and then reraised and he reraised you shows immense strenght, what does LAG stand for [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-10-2005, 04:04 AM

if u are folding 1010 here u might as well limp reraise any two. in ur situation i think u need to make a decision before u reraise if u are willing to call an all in from LAG....i am.
Old 09-10-2005, 04:15 AM

I think the preflop raise amount was right...I don't like it with TT. He might well be re-raising all in light...with JJ, basically bluffing with best hand. I like your play a lot better with AK than TT here.

Also, with all that money on table and your great position to LAG PF raiser, I really like a preflop call with the TT.

Dont allow lag fever to take a great potential play away.
Old 09-10-2005, 04:16 AM

I think the preflop raise amount was right...I don't like it with TT. He might well be re-raising all in light...with JJ, basically bluffing with best hand. I like your play a lot better with AK than TT here.

Also, with all that money on table and your great position to LAG PF raiser, I really like a preflop call with the TT.

Dont allow lag fever to take a great potential play away.
Old 09-11-2005, 03:16 PM

Default Amusing results

This is one of those hands where I was doomed to lose my stack, unless I could somehow have raised enough to get tilty mcLAG out preflop.

I call allin preflop, flop is the lovely

K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], but turn comes A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

to give LAG's J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] a royal flush.

Oh well, at least it's a fun story.