Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 09-08-2005, 11:26 PM

Default This\'ll make you mad

I usually dont post results but this made me want to puke. Both are loose but weak postflop, the table agressor wasnt in the hand. Thought I'd be fancy...guess a little too fancy.

Party Poker 0.50/1.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(5 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4.00 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (5.00 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

River: (17.00 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, CO calls, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 19.00 BB.

Both show 7 8 offsuit
How bad did I butcher this?
Does anyone call this river?
Old 09-08-2005, 11:33 PM

Default Re: This\'ll make you mad

I think you win just often enough to make this call worth it. Barely.

I just read the results -- weird.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:33 PM

I'd fold preflop and bet the turn. River sucks.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:35 PM

I think everyone calls this river. The pot is freaking giganormous! Sure you're likely beat, but you're closing action here (not likely getting trapped in a raising war) and you're getting 19 to 1! If you think there's even a 5% chance you're ahead here, you're getting even money for the crying call!

I think everyone in this forum is allowed to whomp you upside the head with a copy of SSHE for providing the picture perfect reason of why the 'crying call' is acceptable.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:45 PM

They were both weak. I'm sticking by the river fold, with 100 random players yeah, with unknows, sure...but with these two, no.. too tight to be right even 5% of the time. Either way I think its too close to care.

I actually think I could have gotten away from this preflop, or when I got raised with the pair on the board on the flop. I think this is an extreme situation, but I think im going to work on being a little tighter in poopy position preflop.
Old 09-09-2005, 12:10 AM

I'd probably say, ah [censored], then call anyway and hate myself when I get shown the full house, but I'd still call.