Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2005, 06:50 PM

Default Re: New Yorkers, where would you live in NYC for $3k/mo?

I am in shock about the amount of money you guys are talking about spending on an apartment. How can anyone afford that kind of cash. My mortgage on this 4 bedroom - 2 1/2 bath - 2 car garage on almost 1 acre is only $1100. Of course I dont live in NYC.
Old 08-03-2005, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am in shock about the amount of money you guys are talking about spending on an apartment. How can anyone afford that kind of cash. My mortgage on this 4 bedroom - 2 1/2 bath - 2 car garage on almost 1 acre is only $1100. Of course I don't live in NYC.

[/ QUOTE ]

We make more $$$ than you guys who live in other states, thats the only way it could be possible. Luckily I think it almost all evens out in the end.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 08-03-2005, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like Sushi Samba a lot, so W 4th is good. I think around there or around Union Square are prob the places. Maybe Tribeca.

[/ QUOTE ]

Slightly off the topic of the thread, but other places you might want to try for Sushi are Blue Ribbon Sushi and Omen for their Sashimi - both in Soho. There is a place in the village, can't remember the name, but it's on Thompson I think, that is really, really popular with lines going down the street to get in, but I have been disappointed everytime I have been there.

Also, not a sushi place, but the original Blue Ribbon (down the street from Blue Ribbon Sushi, has great food and is also a great late night spot as they serve until 4 am I think.

Nigel
Old 08-03-2005, 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like Sushi Samba a lot, so W 4th is good. I think around there or around Union Square are prob the places. Maybe Tribeca.

[/ QUOTE ]

Slightly off the topic of the thread, but other places you might want to try for Sushi are Blue Ribbon Sushi and Omen for their Sashimi - both in Soho. There is a place in the village, can't remember the name, but it's on Thompson I think, that is really, really popular with lines going down the street to get in, but I have been disappointed everytime I have been there.

Also, not a sushi place, but the original Blue Ribbon (down the street from Blue Ribbon Sushi, has great food and is also a great late night spot as they serve until 4 am I think.

Nigel

[/ QUOTE ]

Tomoe is probably the other place you're thinking of. I've been to Blue Ribbon Sushi a lot. It's good, but damn expensive if I recall. I'll check out this Omen place.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nigel

[/ QUOTE ]

Tomoe is probably the other place you're thinking of. I've been to Blue Ribbon Sushi a lot. It's good, but damn expensive if I recall. I'll check out this Omen place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Omen is more expensive than Blue Ribbon, thats where the fashion industry big wigs all go for dinner.

Old 08-04-2005, 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nigel

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Omen is more expensive than Blue Ribbon, thats where the fashion industry big wigs all go for dinner.

[/ QUOTE ]

F that then, I'll just save my money for Masa. Oh wait, I forgot, IndieFatty is taking me to Masa!
Old 08-04-2005, 04:36 AM

I cant imagine paying 3k+ a month for an apartment. But then again, im poor.
Old 08-04-2005, 07:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I cant imagine paying 3k+ a month for an apartment. But then again, im poor.

[/ QUOTE ]

So are most people that pay 3k a month for an apartment.
Old 08-04-2005, 07:51 AM

Are all the "I can't imagine paying 3k a month blah blah blah" posts really necessary. Welcome to the real world.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:15 AM

Sumo Sushi on 8th between `14th and 15th has some great sushi. Also the plum wine is great.