Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2005, 11:48 AM

Default Sooted.....please help.

I was trolling through my 5-10 6max PT stats this morning, looking for holes in my game. I've got 23k hands in my current db, not a lot I know, but my old db got corrupted.

Anyway, to the point:

I do better with unsuited cards than suited cards. And yes, I am taking into account that unsuited hands come up 3 times as often.

To be more specific - I filter for hands where I put money in outside the blinds, limited to the following range: AK-2, KQ-9, QJ-9, JT-9, T9, 98, 87, 76.

Over the entire range, I'm netting $1.66/hand suited and 4.69/hand unsuited. The only hands in the range for which suited is significantly better than unsuited are AQ, AJ, AT and QJ. JT is a push. Every other hand I either doing better with unsuited cards or I have a tiny sample.

So, I'm being too aggressive with flush draws/calling when I don't have odds/being tempted by backdoor flush draws with a weak pair....I don't know, and I'm not sure I can extract that from PT.

Help!