Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2005, 05:57 PM

Default Who thinks I won this hand?

Disregarding whether or not I won this hand, is my play after the flop chip-spewing, in the long run? Table was typically passive.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. UTG+1 posts a blind of $0.5.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 (poster) checks, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (12.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls.

River: (15.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, CO folds.

Final Pot: 17.50 BB
Old 06-16-2005, 06:00 PM

Default Re: Who thinks I won this hand?

[ QUOTE ]
Table was typically passive.

[/ QUOTE ]

id fold the flop
Old 06-16-2005, 07:01 PM

blind post...

Methinks there's a good chance you're beaten here. Passive players tend to raise with the best or otherwise very strong hand. Also, I've seen passive players limp in with hands like TT and JJ because they were afraid of overcards beating them. He may or may not have a hand like that, but I do think you're behind often enough that you should fold this hand.
Old 06-16-2005, 07:37 PM

I think your PF raise was questionable.

However, I dont think that BB or MP1 necessarily hit this flop either. I expect that one of them might have been trying to represent trips and that the other had a smaller pocket pair than your 7's.

I dont think that you were spewing chips after your flop 3-bet, when both MP1 and CO checked to you on the turn.

I think your betting on the turn was correct, so that they did not get a free card to see the river.

And I think that your value bet, when checked to on the river was correct, and I expect that you won this hand.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think your PF raise was questionable.

However, I dont think that BB or MP1 necessarily hit this flop either. I expect that one of them might have been trying to represent trips and that the other had a smaller pocket pair than your 7's.

I dont think that you were spewing chips after your flop 3-bet, when both MP1 and CO checked to you on the turn.

I think your betting on the turn was correct, so that they did not get a free card to see the river.

And I think that your value bet, when checked to on the river was correct, and I expect that you won this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good read. Villian turned over Q3o and MHIG.