Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 06-06-2005, 03:43 AM

Default Re: Do you need to know full ring to play 6-max?

[ QUOTE ]
Party should have more 15/30 and higher 6-max.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

-Mike
Old 06-06-2005, 03:44 AM

Interesting read on the subject below.

I dug this up from the archives

This post too

Some noteable names in fact saying the opposite. Anything else worth discussing from there?
Old 06-06-2005, 03:46 AM

I moved straight from NL to the 10/20 6max and did not find the transition very hard at all. In fact, I think I am a much better in this game than in the NL games, which I played for a lot longer.

-Mike
Old 06-06-2005, 03:53 AM

Looks like most just think you should start at full ring because it'll be easier. I think if I was a successful NL player already I'd feel fine starting out at shorthanded limit.
Old 06-06-2005, 04:00 AM

This really is a question about "my friend". People here can attest to the fact I've been suckin it up at the 6-max tables long enough now. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Good point though wheelz about full being easier to learn. I didn't look at the discussion from that point of view and didnt get that vibe from it.
Old 06-06-2005, 04:03 AM

i suspect i am a life time loser at 10 man limit holdem - i've always played short handed and 10 man limit holdem is about the only game offered on-line that i dont play from time to time

they dont need $1,000 to start playing in the 1/2 6 max game at party - i have helped several rank beginners all of whom started with $500 in that game - none of them have ever lost that before they could beat the game

stripsqueez - chickenhawk
Old 06-06-2005, 02:26 PM

1/2 6 max game at party - i have helped several rank beginners all of whom started with $500 in that game - none of them have ever lost that before they could beat the game

Anyone you know started at 5/10 6 max with no experience and been sucessful?
Old 06-06-2005, 08:39 PM

It seems to me that the smaller the game the more of a gamble it is, I will admit that full ring games are slow and tedious at times BUT I will also tell you that the pots totally make up for it on your good days AND you pay a lot less in blinds.

Whereas in 6 man these guys are banging the blinds all day with these cheap raises and to me it makes the game too much of a gamble. Tell your frind to read what the forums here say in the mid-lmit shorthanded threads, I doubt MUCH of the theroy I har there continually, I dont play devils advocate because I know better than to try to make these guys understand that they got it worng. Who am I to say this, nobody just a lifetime winning player that draws a few decent checks frommy online play and thats not bragging its all a big grind but those 6 max games and some of that theory I believe kills these poor kids.