Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2005, 11:58 PM

Default Two turning stone live mtt hands

70+15( [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]) + 5 (extra t300 [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img])= 2800 to start

131 players start, top 16 cash top heavy as usual, blinds (increase every 15 minutes [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]), 25/25, 25/50, 50/100, 100/ 200 200/400, 300/600, 400/800, 500/ 1000.......
i run my chips up to around 8k when the first break happens (avg is 4.5kish)

hand 1 (400/800)

hero 7500 ( FIRST hand at the table, zero reads (decent starting hand though [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])
mp3 9000)
co 1600
sb 2500

UTG
AA [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
call 800

mp3 Raises to 1800 (

CO calls All in 1600

SB raises all in 2500 total

hero

ponders for 30 seconds then calls the all ins

MP3 calls.

Flop

9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

hero bets all in 5000

mp3 calls 5000.

i play goot?

hand 2

37 players left, top 16 get paid, 2k plus to first
500/1000

hero 15000
sb 13000 ( New to table, 3rd/ 4th hand in- he's played none)

hero 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

folded to hero
hero raises to 3000
sb calls 3000 total
BB folds (1k blind surendered)

flop (pot 7000)

2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

sb checks
hero bets 10k all in

good/bad?
Old 06-02-2005, 07:12 AM

Default Re: Two turning stone live mtt hands

bump for the morning crowd.
Old 06-02-2005, 11:49 AM

I guess you won with AA to get to the second hand. I may have
reraised all in BTF instead of calling. I would not be real
happy with the flop, but with the pot as large as it is I move all in and hope no one is there or outdraws me, or I can win the the side pot and still show a profit.

Second hand looks alright although a smaller flop bet will
suffice generally.

Bruce
Old 06-02-2005, 12:03 PM

I agree with Bruce, move in PF with the AA.

As for the second hand, yes, I'm happy with it. If he has a diamond draw he is winning the hand right now (assuming he also has overs), but he can't really call with say, A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. So, don't give him a chance to lead and he'll be less likely to follow with a hand that is actually ahead. On another note, were it not for all the diamonds on the board, I might try to induce a bluff or offer him bad odds to chase his overcards.

CSC
Old 06-02-2005, 12:16 PM

I like your play in the first hand. I don't mind playing AA second hand low, especially when there are short stacks at the table who may push at any time. Keeping the initial raiser in I think is good since pushing him out with a reraise probably will not improve your chances of winning the hand too much. On the flop you had him right where you wanted him - I'm guessing he had AK? Pushing is fine since the pot is now HUGE so he sorta has to call.

The second hand I'm not to keen on. You don't state your position (I'm guessing button?), but your raise was fine. When the SB checks I'd rather put him in a position to make a mistake and get some value from the hand. I'd fire about t4,000 into the pot and I wouldn't really mind if he called with the A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or something like that. You're prepared to stick all your chips in anyway and you're still a favorite to his flush draw. I'm guessing that he did not have something like A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or else he would have led at the pot. If he has A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] let him make a mistake by calling and shut him out on the turn. If he has no [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or pair then he's not calling anyway. Therefore, the push does not make too much sense IMO.
Old 06-02-2005, 12:27 PM

Fun with pokerstove....

Vs. A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] you are 50/50
vs. A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] you are 56/44

It would be correct for him to call any bet on this flop with these holdings. Your AI of 10K offers him 1.7:1 pot odds, meaning that any hand with a 37% chance of winning should call.

CSC
Old 06-02-2005, 06:44 PM

Default results and follow up help?

1st hand

indeed i win

bb had kk and took the main
mp3, kq [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

i do the limbo and dodge the outs and take the side....

second hand

sb calls a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] .........well done, good show gg.....

i don't get what you guys are saying about a 4k bet into that pot.

i bet 4k i have 8k left behind

he calls= he has 6k left, what do i do if a diamond/ paint card hit

he reraises all in for 10k total, i have to call

for these reasons i figured that pushing was best to try to lose him.

thanks for any clarification cause i was pretty sure i wanted to take this on the flop here....
Old 06-04-2005, 12:48 AM

Default Re: results and follow up help?

so i'm assuming i played the second hand right since no one can say anything different? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]