Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2005, 12:23 PM

Default Higher Limit FW HE

Hi there,

I am trying to figure out what the higher limit he games they spread at Foxwoods might be on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon. I did a search but couldn't turn anything up. I was there in December and it seemed like 20-40 was the highest non mixed game spread.

I would like to play 40-80 or take a shot at 80-160 if the game is spread.

Also, if the reasonable ranged nl games are very soft I would be ok jumping in them as well although not my strongest game.

All help appreciated.
Old 06-02-2005, 12:27 PM

Default Re: Higher Limit FW HE

20-40 is the highest I've seen spread regularly. Outside of the WPT season, I have seen interest lists for 50-100 and 75-150 but I don't think the games ever get started. the 75-150 stud game is the only regular game I ever see that high at Foxwoods.
Old 06-02-2005, 02:47 PM

Thanks for the info. I kind of figured that was the case but it seems weird they don't have a bigger game going.

Maybe I will be the fish to bring in the sharks!
Old 06-02-2005, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
20-40 is the highest I've seen spread regularly. Outside of the WPT season, I have seen interest lists for 50-100 and 75-150 but I don't think the games ever get started. the 75-150 stud game is the only regular game I ever see that high at Foxwoods.

[/ QUOTE ]

The last time I was on the East Coast (January), they got 50/100 off occasionally. The problem was that it would break whenever someone got buried.

I've heard a bunch of theories about why FW can't get bigger HE games off anymore, but I think a big part is that many of the regulars don't do their part to help create games. Few of them will play shorthanded, or start up a game that won't be as good as a game that is currently running. You can see the same phenomenon at work in the early afternoon when the room starts to get a deep 20 list again--it takes forever to get the first move game started.

I've also been told that the end of the internet bubble, coupled with the death of one big producer, pulled a lot of the money out of the higher games there.

scrub
Old 06-02-2005, 05:31 PM

For some reason, CT has never been able (outside tournament time) to get any big holdem games going. CT has always been a stud town, but even that's dropping off. The biggest games at Foxwoods has traditionally been mixed games but lately those haven't been going either.

Part of the reason is poker management. They don't bother reserving any tables for the higher limit games, so that by Saturday afternoon, all the tables are filled with smaller games. Then when enough players accumulate to start a bigger game, there's no table for them. Eventually, those high stakes players stop coming as frequently and eventually the game just disappears.

I have on many occaisions, if I'm playing late Friday nite (early Sat morning), tried to talk people into continuing to play just to keep that table locked up so there'd be a game Sat. I wonder whether FW ever knows or appreciates the effort some of us go thru because of their short-sightedness.
Old 06-02-2005, 05:52 PM

Interesting comments from both of you. To tell you the truth I was kind of shocked a room that size near some big cities can't have bigger games going. Heck Turning Stone had a full 30-60 at 3:30 am last time I was there.

As for my 7CS experience, let me just say this: I was playing .5-1 last night and once folded because I didn't realize I had another card to come and once called on a draw waiting for what would have been the eighth card!