Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2005, 12:24 AM

Default Basic Question re: Party WSOP Satellites

I don't know who is dumber me or party.

In the past I have played Super Weekday Single table qualifiers at Party and what it does is gives you an entry to the super weekday tourney of your choice. Unlike Stars, for example where you physically have to go and unregister from the tournament and you get tourney dollars.

I just won a single table satellite into a $328 qualifier at Party, and I just found out the same structure is not in place. I am in the tourney and support told me that there is no way to unregister for these tourneys, you just play the next one that comes.

Questions:

1. Can that possible be correct?

2. What happens if I open 2 single tablers at once and win both. Do I get registered for next two tourneys?

3. Should they have explained this to me somewhere?

Thanks in advance, and assuming I win this (I always expect to win) I won't be complaining!
Old 05-25-2005, 12:30 AM

Default Re: Basic Question re: Party WSOP Satellites

You can unregister for the tournament and it gives you a "freeroll" into another one of your choice. I did this today so I'm sure you can do it. Also, if you open two at once the first one is an entry and the second one you get the cash for. At least this is how I understand it.

Dave
Old 05-25-2005, 12:32 AM

That is what I figured what would happen but I guess I didn't realize it would automatically register me. Stupid of support to tell me it was impossible.

Thanks for answer. I will lose soon enough anyways.

Edit to say here is the congratulatory email saying there would be no refunds????!!!!!!

Congratulations on winning a ($300/28) WSOP Satellite qualifier.

You have been registered to the ($300/28) WSOP Satellite tournament to be held on May 25th 2005 00:15 EST.

Please keep in mind that there will be no refunds for single entries.

Do you know you can go on winning multiple entries to the ($300/28) WSOP Satellite tournament?
That's right but you must play your first ($300/28) WSOP Satellite entry first and any additional entries will be refunded to your PartyPoker.com account.

Thank you for your support and please feel free to contact our Customer Care Department if you have any questions or concerns.

Sincerely Yours,
Lucy Jones
Customer Care Manager
Party Poker
info@partypoker.com
+1 (800) 852-4719 (Toll Free from US/CAN)
+350 50509 (International Charges Apply)

Color me confused but I will probably try to qualify on stars if I decide to make a serious attempt.
Old 05-25-2005, 12:50 AM

Technically there are no refunds, you still have to play in the satellite just not the one the next day.

Dave
Old 05-25-2005, 03:05 AM

Customer service

Party Poker 0 : 3 Poker Stars
Old 05-25-2005, 07:48 AM

I didn't know the rule either and actually missed the next one when I was out of town over the weekend. Came back to an e-mail saying I was registered in a tournament two days ago. I called and they gave me the freeroll, I don't think its a problem to move it.
Old 05-25-2005, 02:24 PM

When they say you must play your first entry that just means at some point in the future you must play it. In the meantime you can keep winning additional seats in the supers and get the cash value deposited into your account. If you play the seat then the process starts over and the next seat you win is one you must play and so on.