Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2005, 03:17 PM

Default 100K/year 4tabling 100NL full ring. possible?

i read somewhere that people were making over 100k a year 4 tabling the 100NL. is this really possible. i just started 100nl and this is great news for me. i am wondering if any SUCCESSFULL 100nl player in full ring game can give me some tips? maybe i can follow them around and learn how the 100nl works. im sure its very different from my old 25nl and 50nl games. AIM would be great!! i want to learn!!
Old 05-08-2005, 03:41 PM

Default Re: 100K/year 4tabling 100NL full ring. possible?

If you play 5 to 8 hour a day, you need to make 34 and 50 buck an hour, everyday, to get to this.

I played and made something like 30 buck an hour on 4 table for a month, which was good.

If you look at this, you just gotta aim a fish once an hour and take his stack!

I suggest you play more table, it will be easier to get.
Old 05-08-2005, 03:46 PM

I can't speak to the current 100NL tables specifically but I and several others that I know of made well over 100k off the old 50 BB format 200NL & PL tables 4 tabling last year. The real key at that level was consistency and endurance, you had to put in the hours to the the requisite # of hands each month and having the mental toughness not to go on tilt during the inevitable bad streaks. Unlike most of the others, I have a day job and could play at that level basically on autopilot against most of the players there while working, playing deeper stack NL against better opponents such as the 5/10 NL at Stars, UB, Prima or now Party requires more technique and focus so I'm not playing nearly as many hands as I used to. You should be able to dig up the old posts that have some specific #'s that I made on rgp by searching for posts by BadVoodoo approximately 1 year ago.
Old 05-08-2005, 03:46 PM

if you could beat the 100 buyin no limit game on party for 100k year wouldnt you rather be playing say 5/10 no limit once you made say 10k or so. I understand Not everyone play poker to climb as high as possible in stakes as fast as possible but i would think if you have the skill to crush the game for 100k a year you would probably move up fast-.
Old 05-08-2005, 04:37 PM

i think i will make well over 100k with rakeback 4tabling the 6 max at this level, it is very possible, right now i feel no need to move up i rarely have a losing day so the stress is low and i like that.