Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 04-08-2005, 02:42 PM

Default Re: wsop step 2 hand

[ QUOTE ]
i actually put him on JJ, thats why I would fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

meh, i think you have him on an overly tight range of hands, i could be wrong though.

i'm still on the fence as to whether or not i should have folded this though, it's a bad spot to be in.

carrying your folding idea further, you'd fold JJ if he had pushed on the button?
Old 04-08-2005, 03:56 PM

Default Re: wsop step 2 hand

gawd, I love hindsight! I just now put him on JJ also. What a read.

Anyway, the fact that everyone was close to equal in chips (within a few BB anyway), the blinds were already pretty high and climbing, and only top 2 effectively paid out. Beginning next blind level, it's gonna be a complete crap shoot.

Only two hands have you dominated (AA or KK) and if he had those do you think he's push in that situation? Most all other hands he could have you're a coin flip to have a dominating lead on everyone, and even a decent chance you're dominating him.

I'm sticking to my guns here. Auto-call. I can't see too many more opportunities coming quickly to double up. With 5 people still left, you'll be short stack in 3rd place soon with only 2 paying if you don't make a move soon. Okay, okay... now that I put you on getting KK the next hand I take everything back! LOL.