Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2005, 01:13 PM

Default Re: KK faces turn check raise against TAG

In case it wasn't clear, I am not suggesting you call down. Just wanted to point that out.
Old 04-06-2005, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Suggesting that you shouldn't bet an overpair on the turn because a draw completed is absurd.

You still likely have the best hand, you're opponents do not always have the hand that just drew out on yours.

[/ QUOTE ]
At least now I understand your reasoning. Thanks.

I still disagree that Hero likely has the best hand after the betting pattern of the hand, but I appreciate your effort to at least add a little content to your post.

So after you 3-bet, what do you do if it's capped? Will you raise the river on a rag? At what point do Villian's raises start to mean something?
Old 04-06-2005, 01:24 PM

Thanks for clearing that up because that was my perception, that you were advocating calling down, but if you are not advocating calling down, what are you advocating? Calling the turn and folding the R UI? That would mean you assume you are down now, and getting 16:1 HU immediate odds on a 22.5:1 shot means a fold to the turn raise if you are not going to call down. Am I missing something?

M
Old 04-06-2005, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So after you 3-bet, what do you do if it's capped?

[/ QUOTE ]
mayube I misunderstood you. I don't 3 bet. When you said "bet" I assumed you meant the first bet on the turn, not the possible raise. I fold to the turn check raise.
Old 04-06-2005, 01:27 PM

"I fold to the turn check-raise."

Okay, I agree.

M
Old 04-06-2005, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
mayube I misunderstood you. I don't 3 bet. When you said "bet" I assumed you meant the first bet on the turn, not the possible raise.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ahh. Mea Culpa. Rereading my original post, I see I said "betting" when I meant to say "3-betting".

Heh. Now the whole thread, including your simple "absurd" makes sense. I apologize for my typo and any subsequent snideness it may have incurred.
Old 04-06-2005, 02:13 PM

you can't fold a 16 bet pot. if he made his flush or straight or has AA, he just got you for an extra bet... BFD.

if he is semi-bluffing with the A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or if he has QQ JJ TT (with or without a club), he is taking down a 16 bet pot.

Old 04-06-2005, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Okay, I agree.

M

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting check raised twice makes this a fold? What if he had just called the flop instead of check raising?
Old 04-06-2005, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Okay, I agree.

M

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting check raised twice makes this a fold? What if he had just called the flop instead of check raising?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, IMO, but you do make good points and if there is any doubt as to the type of TAG this person is, I can see calling down. If it is a decidedly uncreative TAG, they invariably know Hero, and they don't c/r the flop and turn after being 3-bet PF and on the flop.

I haven't really thought about it, but a raise on the turn (assuming flop call) would lead me to call down.

If you are thinking, "All a QQ needs to do is c/r the flop and turn to get you out???", then I answer, "Yes", because I can't see it happening with an uncreative TAG who knows I'm a TAG. Not 10% or more. Maybe 5%. And maybe I'm a donk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

M