Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2005, 07:55 PM

Default Weird 1/2 hand

I was playing $1/$2 NL on Full Tilt today when this hand came up...

3 limpers to me, I complete the SB with Kh4h. 5 see the flop of Kc Th xh. (I can't remember the card, I just know it was a middle heart.) It's checked to a MP player, who overbets the pot ($20). I decide to take it down right there, as the bet is screaming weakness, so I raise to $60. I chase the raiser...but only after an EP player calls $60 cold. I scratch my head.

Turn card is 2d. I have $140 in front of me, he has $120, and there's $150 in the pot, so I...bet $70. (I suck...I wanted to make a blocking bet, but I didn't know for how much. Checking would've probably meant I don't get to see the river.) EP calls that too.

River card is 2h, completing my flush. If he's playing a better K than me, he's now dead. If he was drawing to the nut flush, I'm dead. I put the rest of my money in, since I know I'm not going to fold, and he calls.

What would a more correct play have been on the turn? Check and see what he does? Go all-in? Go back to $.25/$.50 with my tail between my legs?
Old 03-05-2005, 08:01 PM

Default Re: Weird 1/2 hand

1. Fold preflop, or...
2. Fold on the flop.