Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2005, 01:00 PM

Default AQs river leak?

Very few hands against both SB and UTG. So lets just call them unknowns at 1/2 6 max on Party. What's my best line on the river, and did I mess up any other streets as well?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, 3 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="red"> Hero raises </font> , UTG calls, SB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="red">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, SB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="red">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks.

River: (4.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="red">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero???
Old 11-19-2005, 01:36 PM

Default Re: AQs river leak?

Tough spot.

SB could have a K and UTG could have a flush. But both players could be bad enough to call the flop with hands like Ax or a backdoor flush draw.

Bet/call (for one more). This assumes that your opponents are pretty loose (very reasonable) and that if you get raised, the raiser could be unaware and rasing Ax here.
Old 11-19-2005, 02:34 PM

If SB wanted to C-R the turn he would bet the river. As he didn't we can assume we are safe against him. I can't think that UTG checked the turn with a K. However you had 2 callers on the flop and no bets on the turn so a flush draw seems likely. You need to bet the river and call a raise if you think you can compensate by making money (when you call a raise) from a worse ace and/or by making money from SB calling with a worse pair. I think both these conditions are OK for the average 1/2 6-max players
Old 11-19-2005, 04:42 PM

I would bet/fold the turn, as the last money I put in UI.

The way it went down, I would bet/fold the river. Anyone with a pocket pair just got counterfeited, and also a weaker ace will call you, but you can't beat any hand that raises you.
Old 11-19-2005, 05:02 PM

call me a wimp but id have to check this river..to me its a horrible card..encouraging you to play if K is out..filling flush, pos str8, and even 2 pr from A3 or AJ (i admit thatAJ is unlikely).
I'm with the other poster who suggests bet the TURN instead as your last money in. That way you find out if UTG and or SB was just calling flop with 77, 55, or Ace high (presumably they fold). A call on this turn bet is a red alert..

Good post..these types of situations arise all the time.

Brian
Old 11-19-2005, 05:04 PM

what do you think of check call on river as a different line?

brian
Old 11-19-2005, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would bet/fold the turn, as the last money I put in UI.

The way it went down, I would bet/fold the river. Anyone with a pocket pair just got counterfeited, and also a weaker ace will call you, but you can't beat any hand that raises you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like betting the turn, especially since you were the aggressor on the flop. I also think if you're raised on the turn you can safely fold.

I disagree with bet/fold the river, tho...it's a bet/call, because you're going to get raised by a worse ace every time at 6max.
Old 11-19-2005, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
call me a wimp but id have to check this river..to me its a horrible card..encouraging you to play if K is out..filling flush, pos str8, and even 2 pr from A3 or AJ (i admit thatAJ is unlikely).

[/ QUOTE ]

Our hand pwns AJ/A3.
Old 11-19-2005, 05:49 PM

Assuming somebody has QT here is MUBS. Neither of them have a K because SB would've bet the river with trips if he whiffed on a turn C/R and UTG would've bet the turn last to act.
I like the turn check and the river is an easy bet.
Edit: Just noticed the flush, I'm an idiot. Still an easy bet but bet/fold instead of bet/call.
Old 11-19-2005, 06:13 PM

Hmm. I think I'd bet out the turn and fold to a c/r.

As for the river they way you played it, I'd either bet/fold or bet/call...leaning on bet/fold since they are relative unknowns. If you had a better read on an opponent donking the river w/ a worse A than yours (e.g. A8o, etc.), you may be able to call a raise.

But usually if beat, I'd expect a slowplayed donkey raise w/ a K or a BDFD completed.