Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2005, 10:44 PM

Default Re: Reeever

Crypto $1/$2 6 max

BB and button are 20% VPIP's, BB raises more than button, but both are fairly weak tight.

Hero: Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Preflop: UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, 1 fold, button calls, <font color="red"> Hero completes </font>, BB checks.

Flop4SB) Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

<font color="red"> Hero bets </font> BB Calls,1 fold and button calls.

I bet to avoid giving free cards and having top pair I felt MHIG. My kicker worries me, but with no PFR I felt semi safe.

Turn: (3.5 BB) 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

<font color="red">Hero bets </font>, BB calls, button calls.

Now I'm assuming I'm good till proven otherwise.

River: (6.5 BB) 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

<font color="red"> Hero bets </font>, BB folds, <font color="red"> button raises </font>Hero...
Old 09-19-2005, 10:56 PM

Pending a very solid read that button wouldn't bluff-raise a scare card, I'm paying it off. And since a weak-tight opponent wouldn't call down with bottom pair in a small pot, I don't think our read can be that solid.
Old 09-19-2005, 10:58 PM

the 4 helped you out more than not. I don't see a weak-tight villian limping anything with a 4. only likely hand that beats you right now is KQo/QJs, maybe KQs/AQo pending on passiveness. Either that, or at worst a horrible slowplay.

definitely call though
Old 09-19-2005, 11:16 PM

Yeah, I paid him off. He showed me K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. After I saw that I wondered how bad my river play was. I think the value bet was in order, but didn't know how others felt about my weak kicker. Sometimes they just wont raise and I have no idea what they are sitting on.
Old 09-20-2005, 12:13 AM

Default Re: The turn

[ QUOTE ]
WOO frickin' HOO to no free cards to flush draws!! (where's that blasted wookie and his pirate mumbo jumbo?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, talk like a pirate day is now over in my time zone, so the pirate mumbo jumbo will have to wait til next year. The flop is the most interesting decision in this hand, I think, and it's a bet. In a full ring game, this is more likely to be a check, and either raising or calling depending on the action. The reason for this is that there are more likely to be more people to the flop, making the pot larger and protection more important. In this case, the pot is quite small. Simply betting out offers 5:1, which protects against just about anything you can ever hope to protect against.

As for the river, the decision to call or fold is close. You now tie with a couple Q's that were beating you, but you lose to 4x. It's pretty hard to put him on a 4 given his tightness, so paying off is pretty reasonable. I'd have expected a set or QJ to raise you on the turn, typically, if not the flop. I think you'll snap off a bluff about the requisite 10% of the time here.
Old 09-20-2005, 01:58 PM

I think your value bet is fine. Villian's busted flush draw was lucky enough to draw out on you. What can you do?
Old 09-20-2005, 02:09 PM

Every street was perfect

I really like the way this post was done. Do more!