FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2005, 07:53 PM

Default Re: AQo in EP turn play???

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like check/folding or check/calling the flop here

[/ QUOTE ] wow, that's sad advice.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hero has three opponnents and nothing more than overcards. He may be drawing almost dead to trip tens. Someone might have a four making him about a coin flip with them, and they may not fold if this hand becomes HU. Someone else may make a pair on the turn or river and might not fold. Most people are going to assume the hero as preflop raiser doesn't have a ten. They might be afraid of a decent to high pocket pair of course. Someone with a ten is likely to only call on the flop and hope to trap hero into leading out the turn before poping him.

What are you trying to accomplish by betting this flop?
Old 07-17-2005, 07:56 PM

i think i have the best hand and outs to the best hand if i'm behind to a pocket pair that's what. you see monsters.
Old 07-17-2005, 08:03 PM

Hero checks. Betting is bad because of the possibility of a slowplayed ten, there aren't many draws you need to deny, you are OOP, two callers instead of one.
Old 07-17-2005, 08:09 PM

Betting sucks. Bet/fold sucks. Bet getting called sucks as you're getting called by some bullshit pair. Bet hoping he'll fold sucks, because he's hardly ever going to fold now. This is one of the times the opponent nearly always has at least a pair. Check/fold is probably best. Check/boo hoo call if you really have good reads on the player.
Old 07-17-2005, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hero checks. Betting is bad because of the possibility of a slowplayed ten, there aren't many draws you need to deny, you are OOP, two callers instead of one.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is sad. i really can't believe i'm hearing this!!

okay here we go. 1 limper in MP, folded to Hero AQo in CO, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, Button coldcalls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: KK6.

checked to Hero. Hero??? you would check?

okay, so you check now a Queen falls on the turn. now what? do you check again because "someone obviously is slow playing the K" or what if someone bets into you? "they obviously slowplayed the K because there is more than 1 person in the hand". terrible. absolutely terrible.

it is because of the fact there are no draws that you can bet with even more confidence.
Old 07-17-2005, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Betting sucks. Bet/fold sucks. Bet getting called sucks as you're getting called by some bullshit pair. Bet hoping he'll fold sucks, because he's hardly ever going to fold now. This is one of the times the opponent nearly always has at least a pair. Check/fold is probably best. Check/boo hoo call if you really have good reads on the player.

[/ QUOTE ]

i can't take this anymore. bet/fold is actually fine against a loose passive. why raise preflop then? you were ~50/50 against a pair to begin with, so what has changed?
Old 07-17-2005, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i can't take this anymore. bet/fold is actually fine against a loose passive. why raise preflop then? you were ~50/50 against a pair to begin with, so what has changed?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he's talking about the turn, not the flop.
Old 07-17-2005, 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think he's talking about the turn, not the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

if this is the case, then i apologize for my post.
Old 07-17-2005, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is sad. i really can't believe i'm hearing this!!

okay here we go. 1 limper in MP, folded to Hero AQo in CO, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, Button coldcalls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: KK6.

checked to Hero. Hero??? you would check?

okay, so you check now a Queen falls on the turn. now what? do you check again because "someone obviously is slow playing the K" or what if someone bets into you? "they obviously slowplayed the K because there is more than 1 person in the hand". terrible. absolutely terrible.

it is because of the fact there are no draws that you can bet with even more confidence.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play very little 2/4, but I think Tom has a valid point on the flop.

Your hand is an auto-bet on the flop, just like you say. But here I know why I'm betting. I'm in late position - a bet could buy me the button, then perhaps a free card on the turn. It's entirely possible I'm ahead here as well. It's also likely, as a pre-flop raiser, that someone might give me credit for having a king.

None of these principles apply to OP's hand, with the exception that he might be ahead. There could be something I'm missing here, but what is your purpose in betting out on that flop?
Old 07-17-2005, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
None of these principles apply to OP's hand, with the exception that he might be ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't being ahead enough?

Are you talking about betting the flop or betting the turn?

I'd bet the flop because it probably missed everybody.