Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2005, 03:17 PM

Default Re: PARTY POKER $1M TOURNEY....what should i have done?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Any money outside the final table is very close to indifferent. If you cannot nod to this, you're playing over your bankroll. Call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really think having 1/2 average stack (or less) will be enough to get him $1150?

[/ QUOTE ]

On average, yes. As someone pointed out, folding every hand might not be a lock for the money. But even accepting your math, with 1/2 average stack, there's a decent chance he'll move a rung or two up the ladder ... and even more importantly, he has a chance at the big money. Most of my final table appearances have happened in tourneys where I had 1/2 average stack at some point ... sometimes for long periods of time.

Climbing in these tournaments tends to happen *quickly*. A couple good hands, and you're in the thick of things.

I think the math basically shows you that you have to play to accumulate chips in these things. Making the money is irrelevant the vast majority of the time, except as an opportunity to pick on people and accumulate chips. I say "the vast majority of the time" because if you're sitting there with 1BB and you're one place off from the money, you should probably fold into the money, if possible.
Old 06-29-2005, 03:34 PM

Default Re: PARTY POKER $1M TOURNEY....what should i have done?

It is a call. You can't play for the money.

You have to play to win! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

SWUSC