Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 10:59 PM

Default chances of toronto raptors breaking winless streak?

wondering if anyone has seen line or has realistic comment about chance that raptors (or i suppose hawks, but hawks look better) break winless at start of year streak??

we're 0-8 and really not looking good... all-time record is 0-17 (l.a. clips with lamond, taylor, nestor???)....

here's our general schedule.

@ boston
miami
5 games in ariz/california
memphis
@atlanta (tie record)
@NJN (set record - how appropriate?)

my math might be off by one game (i think it's correct) but no charlotte, portland or NOH (and just that one atlanta road game to tie).
Old 11-18-2005, 01:27 AM

Default Re: chances of toronto raptors breaking winless streak?

I haven't seen a line on it, but my opinion from my many years of following the NBA, is that there's almost no chance they break it. I've seen several Raptors game this season and, while they definitely have some problems, they're not nearly as awful as you make them out to be.

That upcoming schedule is pretty rough, but the way basketball is, they're bound to catch somebody on an off night and win at least one of those games.
Old 11-18-2005, 03:31 AM

if you are still interested, you can find a line on bodog NBA -> props.

you can get +450 on toronto against celtics. not sure if this is good or not. probably not. rest of the lines tho seem obviously -EV.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't seen a line on it, but my opinion from my many years of following the NBA, is that there's almost no chance they break it. I've seen several Raptors game this season and, while they definitely have some problems, they're not nearly as awful as you make them out to be.

That upcoming schedule is pretty rough, but the way basketball is, they're bound to catch somebody on an off night and win at least one of those games.

[/ QUOTE ]

i would agree about stealing a game, but that western road trip is really what stands out.

while respect your opinion, the raptors are completely awful. giving up almost 40 points in the first quarter almost all the time. and in sagarin or teamrankings.com power ratings, we are way behind atlanta and miles and miles behind anyone else.... and we're either 0-8 or 1-7 vs. the spread.

even though it's a road game, tonight is a big shot in boston, as the celtics are pretty high variance team.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've seen several Raptors game this season and, while they definitely have some problems, they're not nearly as awful as you make them out to be.

[/ QUOTE ]

all of the indicators out there would lead one to conclude that the raptors have played FAR WORSE than any other team in the league so far.

that being said, 9 straight losses to go for the record seems like a lot...