Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > The Stock Market

Old 10-21-2005, 10:47 AM

Default Re: Kramer on the Emerging Energy Rollover

Exactly. Instead of answering a simple question you refer me to the book. So I was asking if that implies that the data from pre-1823 doe not support your viewpoint. Either way, since you have the book you could have just answered the question.
Old 10-21-2005, 01:33 PM

tek,
You're making some incorrect assumptions in your replies to my posts. Your question is not simple. The period prior to 1823 is basically the 13 original colonies. I'm not sure good historical data is available for that period for stock and commodity markets. At least I've never seen it. You are welcome to do the reading and work and research and post your results here. The book I referenced talks about inflation and prices going all the way back to the ancient roman period based on available historical information.
No more questions please. This has been a complete waste of my time.
Old 10-21-2005, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your question is not simple. The period prior to 1823 is basically the 13 original colonies. I'm not sure good historical data is available for that period for stock and commodity markets. The book I referenced talks about inflation and prices going all the way back to the ancient roman period based on available historical information.
No more questions please. This has been a complete waste of my time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your replies have been a humerous waste of time. First you say that data going back from 1823 to the mid 1700's is hard to come by. You then immediately say that your book "...referenced talks about inflation and prices going all the way back to the ancient roman period based on available historical information." [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2005, 03:24 AM

Hellllo neuman
Old 10-24-2005, 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cramer is a great contrary indicator these days.

Seems he's buying into his own BS on a daily basis.

He may have reversed his position, and is be likely short energy now.

The tell:
Oil Stocks Need Recovery Time (10/19)

By James Cramer

About this article:
Exxon looks like the bad-hands stock after a 25 million-share block caused big damage. We have to assume that seller will be back this session, selling more shares. These stocks need time to recover, so buy them at these low levels only if you can wait.

[/ QUOTE ]

just to clear up a couple of points.

1. Cramer is a bull. legally, he can only buy stocks, he can't short (sell what he doesn't own).

2. oil does not equal energy, although recent runup in oil did push energy stocks up, energy exposure is not necessarily oil.

3. IMO, in general, you don't want to sell energy going into a winter. what cramer meant could be interpreted long or short term, i don't know what he meant. i do however would keep energy (electric and gas) and utilities at least until the winter. at the first hint of a bad winter, energy should go up on speculation. moreover, because of higher gas (gasoline and natural) prices, revenues from winter heating bills are expected to be something like 25%+ higher.