Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Other Gambling Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2004, 03:22 PM

Default $$ tennis Burgsmuller vs Henman, take Burgs 3.75, corretja 1.328

head to head record is 1-1 Burgs killing him on clay in his 1 victory. Henman is a top 10 player but any serve and volleyer on clay is usually in for a tough fight. Though Henman is a decent clay courter for a serve and volleyer I like Burgs for the odds here.

head to head record and score at this link

http://www.atptennis.com/en/players/...player2=henman

Also take Corretja vs Srichaphan. Srichaphan has no chance especially on clay he is the worst clay court player on tour.

head to head

http://www.atptennis.com/en/players/...layernum2=S675

these are for bets at pinnacle, intertops doesn't post a lot of matches if I could I'd bet so much more on the Corretja match but pinnacle only allows 550. The Burgs match is a 50/50 shot.

Any other sites with a lot matches to bet on?
Old 05-25-2004, 07:52 PM

Default Re: $$ tennis Burgsmuller vs Henman, take Burgs 3.75, corretja 1.328

[ QUOTE ]
these are for bets at pinnacle, intertops doesn't post a lot of matches if I could I'd bet so much more on the Corretja match but pinnacle only allows 550. The Burgs match is a 50/50 shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Betfair.com would let you get a few thousand in action on Corretja at 1.33-1.38.
Old 05-26-2004, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
head to head record is 1-1 Burgs killing him on clay in his 1 victory. Henman is a top 10 player but any serve and volleyer on clay is usually in for a tough fight. Though Henman is a decent clay courter for a serve and volleyer I like Burgs for the odds here.

head to head record and score at this link

http://www.atptennis.com/en/players/...player2=henman

Also take Corretja vs Srichaphan. Srichaphan has no chance especially on clay he is the worst clay court player on tour.

head to head

http://www.atptennis.com/en/players/...layernum2=S675

[/ QUOTE ]

Hope you didn't bet on Burgs..he got crushed.
Old 05-26-2004, 11:54 AM

unfortunately I bet a little bit on burgs but I bet on Corretja at multiple sites. Burgs must've tanked it because he got crushed by a serve and volleyer on clay wrong end of the 50/50 lol.
Old 05-26-2004, 04:59 PM

Coria is looking damn good. I pick him to win it all, again. I also like Grosjean to go far. Roddick just went down, but that's no surprise. Clay is not the American's surface, and never will be. Always bet on the S. American's for this tournament.
Old 05-26-2004, 05:03 PM

What's the best site to bet tennis? Is betting tennis the same as betting any other sport? How does the favorite/underdog work?

Thanks.
Old 05-26-2004, 06:34 PM

tennis betting works the same as any other sport as far as underdog vs. fav. At bet365 you can do set betting like who is going to win 3-0, 3-1, 3-2 etc. Decent odds on corretja sweeping paradon schichpan but I didn't have the guts to bet it 3-0. Yes the south americans and spaniards are the bets. JC Ferrero also has a decent chance to win it though I haven't looked at his half of the draw yet to see if coria or federer is playing.

That being said I should have known to put something against a sick Roddick. A healthy Roddick isn't a very good clay courter and surely a sick one is something I should have faded. Missed the boat on this one.

I bet on pinnaclesports (has all the matches), bet365 (just signed up yesterday let me bet 1k on corretja but only at 1.28), intertops (only lets you bet 550 bad tennis lines).
Old 05-27-2004, 10:43 AM

How does betting on sets work? If you bet a player to win 3-2 and they win 3-1, do you still win? Or do you have to be exact
Old 05-27-2004, 10:53 AM

yeah gotta be exact. Like today Hewitt was to win 3-0 was 2.2 and to win was 3-1 was 3.75 so I bet 240 on both. If he wins 3-0 I profit $60 if he win 3-1 I profit $360 so I thought I was freerolling because there was little chance of him losing or taken to 5 sets.