Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 06:15 PM

Default Re: .50/1$ limit on party

[ QUOTE ]
(I was playing between 3-6% of hands dealt to me).

[/ QUOTE ]
Why? Sounds like an awful way to play poker. Not just in terms of boredom, but just totally missing a fundamental understanding of Hold 'em.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:24 PM

Default Re: .50/1$ limit on party

[ QUOTE ]

I have moved up the ladder and am playing in some higher limit games just because there are better players and I find it easier to make some money on these tables.
[quote/]

That is completely flawed logic that you have to get out of your head. It is a common misconception that it is impossible to make money on small limit tables when there are 5 or 6 people calling down to the river with nothing because you lose more large pots from someone sucking out on the river.

Look at it this way: If you have a monster hand that you are certain you are in the lead. If you are playing at a table where players are "better" and you find yourself heads up in a pot, you may win that hand 80% of the time or even more, but the pot size will not be nearly as high in terms of big bets. If you are in a pot with 5 others trying to suck out on you, you may only win it 50% of the time, but the pot size will be much larger due to the extra "dead money" in the pot. While frustrating to see these suckouts, this extra money in the long run will come your way. As much as you get frustrated in low limit games due to bad beats, the money is there in the long run if you stay patient and play according to the odds. Why would you want to play against "better players" when they are going to be making money too? I'd much rather deal with suckouts here and there to rake in the money against the weaker players.

And if you're really looking for games where people don't stick in to the end with nothing, 2/4 and 3/6 on party will not offer these games. The majority of the players there are just as loose and reckless as those at the 0.50/1 and 1/2 games. Just my thoughts...