Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2005, 07:42 PM

Default Re: How would you react? B&M Confrontation last night

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Tell him the Jerkstore called and they're running out of stock.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Who cares? You're their best seller!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah? Well I had sex with your wife!
Old 11-12-2005, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would've LOLed really loud at him and then wished everyone else good luck and left. He'd look like the piece of [censored] he is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you laugh, or actually spell out the letters "L O L" very loudly?
Old 11-12-2005, 07:43 PM

I understand you doing it and I couldn't care less if you do or not. I also appreciate that this thread isn't about "standing up for yourself" or "being a female body part", it's an actual discussion of what to do.

I don't think there is anything to gain from causing the scene though. I would have left. Although the fact that you were eliminated allows you to do whatever you want without being concerned about what happens to the table.
This stuff happens at the table, and it will happen to you again. Next time you might not want to leave after the hand, and you might not want to upset anybody.

Last time I played 1/2NL, three guys get all in preflop for around equal sums of money, one has AA and two have KK. (pretty crazy hey?). Anywasys the guy with AA starts laughing and banging on the table, he stands up and starts yelling suits at the flop, he's making sure everyone knows what happened and how he's such an enormous favorite, and keeps laughing at the other players. I was impressed that they both said nothing, lost the pot, rebought and continued to play. I had to go but they were good players and they probably smashed the moron with aces over the next few hours.
Old 11-12-2005, 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would've LOLed really loud at him and then wished everyone else good luck and left. He'd look like the piece of [censored] he is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you laugh, or actually spell out the letters "L O L" very loudly?

[/ QUOTE ]
My original thought was to actually laugh, but yelling "EL OH EL" really loud in his face is probably even better.
Old 11-12-2005, 08:23 PM

It is easy to be respectful when nobody is being disrespectful. He gave you a great opportunity to practice being respectful when it is difficult to be respectful and you passed it up. Next time take him up on his offer.
Old 11-12-2005, 08:27 PM

I would have set him on fire I think. Maybe I would have severed his artery with a Spyderco Civilian, lecter style. (Closer please!)
Old 11-12-2005, 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Mister, I have a feeling that one day, you and your whole family are going down."

[/ QUOTE ]

or you could take a line from Frequency.

"You went down 30 years ago pal, you just don't know it yet."
Old 11-12-2005, 09:21 PM

tell him he made a great play, but if he doesnt think that you are that great of a player, you would be more than happy to play some heads up 25/50 or 50/100 freeze outs with him. I saw some old dude do this to some punk kid at a 20/40 table once, and it was hilarious. It helps if you can also throw in the old guys line: "ive got 35 thousand in my pocket. if you want, lets go."

peace

john nickle
Old 11-12-2005, 09:22 PM

Those types of incidents are the reason I have not been inside two B&M rooms in a year, although they are only twenty minutes away. Poker today, has attracted all kinds of scum. In one of the joints, the biggest jerk in the room is an off-duty cop.

[ QUOTE ]
I like to think that I am very respectful at the poker tables but i dont care if i was in a church, if someone says something i dont like i react.

Last night i am in the middle of my third S&G (was going to be my last). I am short stacked, weak player raises from mid pos, I see 88, so I move all in for my remaining chips. He flips over KQo, he catches a Q on the river. He jumps up, leans over the table and says Bye Bye while waiving his hand in my face. I say "what did you say?" he repeats it. My response is "Go FCK Yourself" He jumps up out of his seat and starts talking like a punk, Ill whip your ass yada yada. I fire back some verbal insults. It def was a scene.

I am curious how would you react if someone did that to you?

I am not looking for a debate on whether I reacted wrong or not, I would most likely react the same if it ever happened again. Just curious of our reaction.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-12-2005, 09:29 PM

You talkin' to me?
You talkin' to me?
You talkin' to me?
Then who the hell else are you talkin' to?
You talkin' to me?
Well, I'm the only one here.
Who do the f*ck do you think you're talking to?
Oh, yeah?
Ok.