Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 12:50 PM

Default Re: How would you react? B&M Confrontation last night

Thank you. I enjoyed putting it up there for everyone to get a kick out of.
The hand described actually happened. I was on tilt like a mutha. The table was probably the loosest I've ever played at. About five hands before I limped in with suited connectors, flopped the nut straight, bet it, guy to my left goes all in, I call. He rivers the boat. I was pissed. About two hands later, the exact same thing. I flop the nut straight, bet, man reraises, I put him in, he thinks, calls, turns over a set and rivers the damn boat. I was pissed. Then, two hands later, man goes in, I look down, figure the pocket aces were good (I thought, only online they're not) and that my tilt would end. When the jerk rivered the third three, I was pissed yet again. That's when I went Hellmuth. That guy had been overplaying hands all night long. His stack went up and down like a hooker's in the backseat of a car. As he raked in the chips he was smiling like a he knew what the f he was doing. Someone made a comment to him about that being a stupid call with two guys all in. He replied, "I know I play a lot of hands." Someone else told him, "no, you MISplay a lot of hands."
Old 11-16-2005, 05:33 PM

The problem with a guy like this is that, short of killing him, he'll never smarten up no matter what you say or do to him. Some people just revel in acting like douches.

That being said, had I been in your shoes, I'd have probably reacted quite badly to having a his fingers in my face. A guy did something similar like that to me once at a home game (short version of the story is he angrily shoved his cards in my face) and I yanked him onto the table and punched him in the ear. I didn't think, it was just my natural reaction to having someone move aggressively at me like that. It was strictly a defence mechanism.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:59 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts

I think your best recourse is to act like a gentleman about it. Then go rub one out in the nearest bathroom stall, but leave it on your hand.

Return to the offending party and either pat him on the back or try and shake his hand, congratulating him further and wishing him luck.
Old 11-16-2005, 08:04 PM

Although I prefer you're suggestion over kissing the man on the mouth, what the hell does punching him in the ear do? Why the ear? Why not break his nose or poke him in the eye? Maybe I'm missing something, but I've never viewed a man's ears as a target when I was in a fistfight.
Old 11-16-2005, 08:10 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts

[ QUOTE ]
Although I prefer you're suggestion over kissing the man on the mouth, what the hell does punching him in the ear do? Why the ear? Why not break his nose or poke him in the eye? Maybe I'm missing something, but I've never viewed a man's ears as a target when I was in a fistfight.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can seriously F' up a dude hitting him in the side of the head/ear. Take some martial arts and you'll see.
Old 11-16-2005, 08:43 PM

Dude, I competed in shootfighting and in Russia we have a little thing called combat sambo, perhaps you've heard of it. Never was I taught to box a man's ears. You can also seriously f a man up if you donkey punch him, i.e. punch him at the base of the skull, however, chances are you would break your hand first. If you respond to this, I'm not going to answer because I don't think it's fair to hijack this man's thread with a debate on martial arts or to weigh the merits of bitch-slapping a man's ears. But I will say this, I'd love to see you in a fight.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:04 PM

I think you did fine. Maybe wave right up in his face saying "bye bye" back to him and that you'd be outside (unless you are small and he is big) then tell him you will be waiting at a table for heads up. Or tell him your going to go have his dad blow you.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:10 PM

Bear, your points about the dubious merits of boxing a man's ears are well-taken. But please, don't be tussling with GrandGnu like this, you'll just get him all excited.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:28 PM

I would CRAWL ACCROSS THE TABLE AND GRAB HIM BY THE FACE. This will only be funny to like 10 people, but too bad.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bear, your points about the dubious merits of boxing a man's ears are well-taken. But please, don't be tussling with GrandGnu like this, you'll just get him all excited.

[/ QUOTE ]

Woo-Hoo! Pot Limit Omaha, yeah baby! And Tea n' Crumpets! w00t!

I prefer to ridgehand a guy in the throat myself, but I'm only 5 feet 1 inch tall (short), so I'll stick with ankle-biting.

Here's a link on ear strikes: Ear strikes discussion