Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 07:28 AM

Default A9 fear of domination

Villain has 95%vpip 50%wtsd, AgFactor ca 1, and 10% preflop r after 50 hands.

Preflop I was close to folding but since I thought he'd pay me of good If got lucky I called.
Postflop I figuered he'd most definetly play most pocketpairs the same way so I decided to call him down.
If I'd bet or raise flop he would probably reraise with at least the higher range of pockets, so I didn't try that for info.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 6 BB
Old 11-02-2005, 07:36 AM

Default Re: A9 fear of domination

If I'm playing that at all at 6-max, I'm raising first in. Bet the river for value when he checks it to you. I don't mind a flop raise either.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:20 AM

*grunch*

I'll defalut to the 6-max experts but I do not like the pre-flop call. I probably would have folded.

What do you consider getting lucky on the flop? For me TPGK is enough to raise vs. such a loose player. If he 3-bets, call and see the turn. I'd rather fold than just call (snall pot).

Turn: Raise.

River: Bet.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:09 AM

Raise or fold pre flop and bet that river. I like tyour flop and turn play let him bluff off some chips.