Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 12:14 PM

Default TT Against Shortish Stack

---
Button ($173.10)
---
---
Hero ($405.90)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $14</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $14, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($34) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $22</font>, Button calls $22.

Turn: ($78) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero

Button is 30/15/1.7 for ~100 hands, but that's not really too laggy because most of those hands were 4-handed. He seems pretty decent, seems TAGish postflop. I have a TAG image, but have raised the last 3 pots preflop and was not called.

Easy push? check/raise all in? check/fold? All about the same?
Old 11-01-2005, 12:20 PM

Default Re: TT Against Shortish Stack

I probably check and fold to a decent bet. Would definitely not push with an almost 2*pot bet.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:36 PM

check/fold. His flat call tells me his on a flush draw given the board. He just made his flush and you're in trouble.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:42 PM

I should probably add that the fact I consider not check-folding is he could have 33-99. Seems like a good flop for him to call with position with these hands, if he thinks I just could be on overs (which I will be the majority of the time).
Old 11-01-2005, 01:12 PM

Probably check evaluate if he isn't too tricky.

Maybe bet $40-45, though I'm not sure how much I like this.
Old 11-01-2005, 01:15 PM

What do you think about betting the turn and folding to a raise?
Old 11-01-2005, 01:18 PM

Well, I suppose this could be done. At the time I didn't consider it because I had a [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], but in hindsight having a club doesn't really change a whole lot
Old 11-01-2005, 01:19 PM

check-call (depending on bet size ... he probably checks through with 33-99 as you say though), bet river, i see a lot of calls with 33-99 on most rivers thinking youre full of crap

bet river even if its another club
Old 11-01-2005, 01:42 PM

i generally go to the felt here, people need to realize villain has a 43 bb stack. Overpairs are not easy to break, it's not a bad flop, and honestly the turn wasnt too bad. red TT would bea little different.

Anyway, best course of action is maximizing a bluff, so I normally check here and call or put the rest in depending on a few things.

Remember, often in this spot you'll have no pair/no club, if you check he will bet many hands, some of which you beat, all of which you're not dead against.
Old 11-01-2005, 02:10 PM

I think the [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] makes the bet/fold line on the turn a bad idea on the turn. Because of his stacksize.

With red tens that might had been a good line though because if you bet and he raises its a big risk you are drawing dead or nearly dead.