Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2005, 05:13 AM

Default Rate my shorthand play

Seat 1 is "Stupid Scot", the hyper-agressive, no starting hand requirements, "luck or skillful" enigma of a player.

-------------------------------------

7 Card Stud High ($2/$4), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $1 (hand converter)

3rd Street - (0.63 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls___calls
Seat 2: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___folds
Seat 3: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___completes___raises
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises___calls

4th Street - (10.13 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises___raises
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___raises___calls

5th Street - (11.06 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (14.06 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets

River - (17.06 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___checks___calls___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___bets___raises___calls
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises___raises

Total pot: (29.06 BB)

Results:
Main Pot: $114.25 | Rake: $2

Seat 1: [ 8c 8s 2s 6h 9h Kd 2d ] [ two pairs, eights and twos -- Kd,8c,8s,2s,2d ]

Seat 5: [ As Ac 7h 2h 5s Kh 2c ] [ two pairs, aces and twos -- As,Ac,Kh,2h,2c ]

Hero: [ Th 7c Tc 7s 8h 3d Ts ] [ a full house, Tens full of sevens -- Th,Tc,Ts,7c,7s ]
Old 09-23-2005, 05:29 AM

Default Re: Rate my shorthand play

I like it all. Well played.

One thing to consider: Most 2/4 player don’t get this aggressive with a 3-flush on 3rd / 4-flush on 4th. Since you have two 7s, you also know he isn’t rolled, so you can pretty easily put him on a big buried pair. With this in mind, I would try to check-raise on 5th. (Note that I might play a AK high 3-flush that way, but then if you try to check-raise, I’ll check behind. This guy isn’t checking with his aces or kings or whatever). Check-raising here simply gets more money in the pot with what is surely the best hand. If stupid scot fold, that’s good, because the pot is very large and he can still beat you. If he cold calls that’s great too though.
Just a though.
Old 09-23-2005, 05:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like it all. Well played.

One thing to consider: Most 2/4 player don’t get this aggressive with a 3-flush on 3rd / 4-flush on 4th. Since you have two 7s, you also know he isn’t rolled, so you can pretty easily put him on a big buried pair. With this in mind, I would try to check-raise on 5th. (Note that I might play a AK high 3-flush that way, but then if you try to check-raise, I’ll check behind. This guy isn’t checking with his aces or kings or whatever). Check-raising here simply gets more money in the pot with what is surely the best hand. If stupid scot fold, that’s good, because the pot is very large and he can still beat you. If he cold calls that’s great too though.
Just a though.

[/ QUOTE ]

The way seat 5 was playing it I thought it might be 777 until I got one on 4th.

I'll have try to implement some shorthand trickery into my play for next time, cheers.
Old 09-23-2005, 07:16 AM

I think you played well. I like Roland's reasoning for the checkraise on 5th, but I'm not sure you can count on him to continue aggression after what you've shown.

Also, I don't think 5 handed counts as "shorthanded" in stud.