Two Plus Two Older Archives

Old 08-28-2005, 03:44 PM
naschburger2 naschburger2 is offline
Junior Member

Location: tucson, az
Default please read if you played in ub\'s money added tournaments this weekend

I complained to ub about deceptive advertising on there money added tournaments. They had a bunch of these tournaments the one I complained about had a $1500 guarantee and $2,000 added and was $11 omaha 8. They had 244 players which means the prize pool should have been $4,400 but they only paid the quarantee plus $2,000 or $3,500 that to me is a $3,500 guarantee tournament not a money added tournament. WELL THEY FINALLY AGREED AND CREDITED ME THE ADDITIONAL MONEY AND SAID THEY HAD CORRECTED IT FOR THAT TOURNAMENT . SO I AM HOPING THIS HAPPENED FOR ANYONE IN THESE TOURNAMENTS PLEASE BE AWARE OF THIS CHANGE AND LET ME KNOW IF ADDITIONAL MONIES HAVE BEEN CREDITED OTHERWISE UB IS OUT IN MY BOOK.
Old 08-28-2005, 04:42 PM
naschburger2 naschburger2 is offline
Junior Member

Location: tucson, az
Default Re: please read if you played in ub\'s money added tournaments this wee

okay looks like I got the official email from paradise which I assume went out to all players, geez I wonder if my inquiry made them see there mistake. here is the official email which came a few hours from the email they sent me apologizing for the mistake in response to my complaint.

Hello,
We would like to take a moment to apologize for the confusion caused by our Player Appreciation Weekend’s “Money Added Tournaments”. These tournaments were of course intended to add $1,000 ($5+.50 buy-in) and $2,000 ($10+1 buy-in) to the Guaranteed prize pool.

Unfortunately, due to technical difficulties, your account was not properly credited by the system, we were able to quickly identified the error and are in the process of crediting accounts manually.

We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding, please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Old 08-28-2005, 04:43 PM
naschburger2 naschburger2 is offline
Junior Member

Location: tucson, az

oops of course I mean Ultimate Bet
Old 08-28-2005, 04:46 PM
MicroBob MicroBob is offline
Senior Member

Location: memphis

Was is it that for the past 2+ years UB has seemed to be completely unprepared to successfully implement THEIR OWN promotions?

It very much seems like they have just one promotional person somewhere completely remote (like Neptune perhaps) coming up with their promotional ideas and sending out e-mails about them to all the players.....but allthewhile making absolutely CERTAIN that nobody else at UB knows anything about them.
Old 08-28-2005, 06:36 PM
naschburger2 naschburger2 is offline
Junior Member

Location: tucson, az

Bob the stupidity is unbelievable take a look at my email and there response it was ridiculous but at least they owned up to there mistake and made good.

com

Dear victor,

I am very sorry for the misunderstood, I did not read very well your
first email.

You are right the tournament only paid $3500 and it should have paid
$4400, however our Tournament Department has fixed the problem, and
distributed the $900 remaining. We have credited in your account the amount
of $7.70 for a total of $30.45

If you need further assistance please let us know.

Best Regards,

Fabian
Cardroom Management Department

Old 08-28-2005, 10:41 PM
Scotty O Scotty O is offline
Senior Member

Yes even though UB has screwed up in the past (S&G madness), they have always come through and corrected things.

[ QUOTE ]

Old 08-28-2005, 11:28 PM
MicroBob MicroBob is offline
Senior Member

Location: memphis

they most certainly have NOT always come through and corrected things.

their re-buy tournaments and/or add-ons get completely screwed-up sometimes.

i did NOT get all of the bonus-money I was due in the SNG-madness thing in July, 2004. Despite 5 e-mails that were incredibly easy to understand they still didn't get it.

I played an Aruba qualifier just last week where everyone who took the add-on only got 1 extra-chip.
Players got refunded their add-on's eventually but I don't think that is acceptable.
Their tourney-software seems really sucky. Why would these kind of screw-ups be happening in the first place?
Old 08-29-2005, 02:02 AM
Scotty O Scotty O is offline
Senior Member

My personal experiences have been fine. They have always resolved any issue (all minor) very quickly.

Seems your pretty unhappy. Why play there then?

[ QUOTE ]

Old 08-29-2005, 03:09 AM
MicroBob MicroBob is offline
Senior Member

Location: memphis

i don't play there very much at all.
the previous problems I've had with them are a big part of the reason why.

i just thought it was amusing that they've had this supposed corrections to their tourneys...and then right when I return to try an Aruba qualifier their add-on's get screwed up (and I also read about previous rebuy tourneys having problems too).

I think they have deceptive advertising (such as Win your Way to Aruba for Free. Which is just buy-in to the $20+2 rebuy and THEN knock out the pro for the $100 bounty...and thus you supposedly won it for free).

I don't think there is any excuse for these kinds of deceptions...their player-appreciation days are a bit of a joke ($25 bonus-dollars...or maybe a black hat.....whoopeeee!!) and their bonus-dollars as well as their UB points store are not exactly ideal either.

Yup...I do have problems with UB. Went several months without playing there at all....and when I gave them a try again I see botched tourneys and total lies in their advertising.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:59 AM
Scotty O Scotty O is offline
Senior Member

I have to disagree with you about winning your way into Aruba for free. There is a way. I dont think anyone can do it. You basically have to win their TEC freeroll qualifier, then play for the TEC on Sunday. If you win that you get the TEC + $10. You need to use the TEC + $9 for one of the $100 +$9 DE's for the Seat. Yes it can be done.