Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2005, 11:57 AM

Default Re: For Jen

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You're shrit was [censored] at that final table

[/ QUOTE ]

English, please?

[/ QUOTE ]

I now your right. i should work on that
Old 04-22-2005, 12:12 PM

Default Re: Tuan Le doing well at Bellagio

he still looks, talks, acts like a turd.
Old 04-22-2005, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he still looks, talks, acts like a turd.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought my gaydar was going off pretty strong when I saw him on the WPT.
Old 04-22-2005, 12:32 PM

oh, another thing....Why did it say something like "mentored by Barry Greenstein" or whatever? This kid is the polar opposite of Barry as far as playing style.
Old 04-22-2005, 12:55 PM

No he is not.
Old 04-22-2005, 12:58 PM

I'm the one who started the "Tuan Lee is a lucky mofo" thread.

I'll own up to the fact that he appears to be a lot better than I first thought. But you have to admit that based on his WPT performance against you, Temp, he looked like your average, maniacally aggressive Asian player I play so much against at the Commerce.

Wait, he HE is that average, maniacally aggressive Asian player I play against at the Commerce!

He's doing well at the Bellagio, though - I wish him luck!

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 04-22-2005, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
oh, another thing....Why did it say something like "mentored by Barry Greenstein" or whatever? This kid is the polar opposite of Barry as far as playing style.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not quoting here at all but in aprevious thread concerning this fella Barry said that he talked to Tuan several times and gave him some advice on tourneys.
Old 04-22-2005, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not quoting here at all but in aprevious thread concerning this fella Barry said that he talked to Tuan several times and gave him some advice on tourneys.

[/ QUOTE ]

so, WPTE, for the sake of having something else to slap on the screen, took the liberty of making it sound like Barry was teaching him to play. Sounds about par for the course.
Old 04-22-2005, 04:56 PM

Default Fear The Tuan

"David Wells is all in preflop with A-6 suited against Tuan Le's J-8 offsuit. The flop comes A-10-5, and Wells solidifies his lead. A queen on the turn gives Le a double-gut-shot straight draw, which he makes with a king on the river. David Wells is eliminated in 34th place, earning $47,180."
Old 04-22-2005, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Temp, there is no way we can doubt Tuan's talent at the table. To win at Foxwoods and to now be near the chip lead, he is obviously doing something right. But my question is what do you believe he is doing right? On TV he seems wreckless, but at the pro level you can't be wreckless an get away with it. I imagine for the most part he probably wins lots of unchallenged pots? Is he an awesome post flop player? Does he constantly put in the proper bet to kill the opponents pot odds, or is he just really good at reading what an opponent has?

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not know how Tuan is playing at the Bellagio, but from what I saw of him at Foxwoods his aggression frustrated people and made people make mistakes against him. When he has the chips, he literally raises every hand. You may have picked up on that based on player's reactions to him when he folded or limped pre-flop (including me). By raising every hand it is very difficult to put him on a hand. He will also "look you up" so you better be prepared if you play back at him. This strategy is hard to pull off without a lot of chips and he has managed to accumulate a lot of chips again.