Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2005, 02:21 PM

Default Re: $5K Trump Classic

[ QUOTE ]
I seriously think he lied to you or he sucks, whats your range on that 3bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

I played with Barry at the same table for about 18 hours in this tournament. He busted out just befoere the final table. The day before he told me he had J9 and that I had made a good laydown. During a break at the final table he approached me and confessed to having A9. He essentially did not believe that I had anything.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I played with Barry at the same table for about 18 hours in this tournament. He busted out just befoere the final table. The day before he told me he had J9 and that I had made a good laydown. During a break at the final table he approached me and confessed to having A9. He essentially did not believe that I had anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

He realized he made a mistake telling you he had 2 pair, so he lied and said A9 so the next time he 3-bets you you'll call with an overpair.

Maybe. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Regards,
Woodguy
Old 12-20-2005, 03:46 PM

Had this same thing happen in reverse in an online tourney, except the SB limped with Kings.

I flopped 2 pair, he bet, I raised, he reraised, I went all in, and he was out of the tourney.

Good fold.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The hand is SB versus BB after everyone else folds their hands. I have limped in this situation every single time today and often times I have limped without even looking at my cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why did you do this? It seems passive. With deep stacks, I would raise about half the time with some limps and folds. You don't want to always raise as you are OOP.

You limp, he raises half the time and you either call or fold. Why don't you limpraise him with less than AA. This looks passive. Villain is doing all the raising.

I think the limp with AA is OK.

I would push on the flop. You are too pot committed after you reraise. Even if villain has 2 pair, you have outs. He didn't raise preflop, so he probably doesn't have a set.