Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2005, 07:21 PM

Default Re: Dammit Paul! Yer not making it easy for us to worship you.

No, RJ, I don't wanna take it back. I looked it up and he was chief technical officer of go2net.net (com?) and basically lucked out that there was a tulip mania going on in the country at the time and sold a bunch of stock options.

As far as his earnings go, fair enough, I've only seen him on TV once except for that invite only heads up thing.

Your other post is just too dumb to respond to, sorry.

[ QUOTE ]
he has over 2 million in earnings? and sold a multimillion(or billion?) dollar company. wanna take back the "what did he accomplish" question?

rj

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-31-2005, 07:42 PM

too dumb as in i said the truth and didnt just make ignorant accusations? i suppose that is dumb, yes.

rj
Old 08-31-2005, 07:45 PM

uhhh, alright, youre right, i wont critisize posters who post with absouletely no idea what theyre talking about. and yes, me saying someone makes insightful posts obviously means i am interested in a sexual relationship with them. point well made.

rj
Old 08-31-2005, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
uhhh, alright, youre right, i wont critisize posters who post with absouletely no idea what theyre talking about. and yes, me saying someone makes insightful posts obviously means i am interested in a sexual relationship with them. point well made.

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

Ass kissing need not be sexual. You just came across like someone trying to score buddy points. Perhaps you experienced a freudian slip in your interpretation.
Old 08-31-2005, 08:37 PM

LOL.

I actually laughed out loud so i had to type it.
Old 08-31-2005, 09:54 PM

i said he makes great posts here regularly, which i believe to be the truth. i dont even know what to say to you dude, you obviously didnt care to think at all before that post. bummer.

rj
Old 09-01-2005, 03:19 PM

I just read this whole post, pretty funny stuff.

And as much of an ass as I think Todd came off during the WSOP episode, all I can think of when I hear Paul Phillips talk down on him is the Heads-Up championship against Hellmuth, where Phillips acted like he was on drugs and screamed multiple times like a wild banshee.

Now THAT was a textbook example of making an ass of yourself on national tv. Great thread.
Old 09-17-2005, 08:41 AM

Hi all,

I am currently in the UK and have not seen the production as yet - so not fully sure what all the fuss is about. But I do get the jist of it. Anyhow, before I move on - I must firstly add that about 2 years ago, I did comment to Paul Phillips as to how well he was playing at the time. He is also a gent and immense fun to play. As for his commentary - can't really say much as I have yet to see the show. So for what it's worth - here is my take on that hand.

As for Todd, he did nothing wrong in hand - though calling a raise out of position with Q-Jos is not the smartest of plays. It's has also been suggested on a couple of forums that he could have gotten more bets out of me if he had actually bet the turn - I very much doubt it. What you must remember is that I had raised utg - for Todd to then lead out with a bet on the turn - he would have been asking for trouble. Unless he had turned the nuts.

In fact, if I followed my instincts (as I do more often than not) - I should have checked the turn - hence the initial hesitation. On reflection - he got the most out of me. On a better day - I would have mucked the river - despite pot odds. There was also one another reason for the call - but that's too much info.

Cheers!

Peter Costa
Old 09-17-2005, 10:18 AM

Welcome to the forums. I assume you are talking about calling for metagame reasons so he doesn't try to move you off hands?
Old 09-17-2005, 11:32 AM

welcome to the forums!