Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2005, 03:16 PM

Default BB 3/6 stats (need help)

Ok, I know this is a way too little sample to be able to say something about my winrate, so I won't ask that. This post is about my BB-play.

Some additional filter info:
Steal attempted: -0,38 BB/Hand
Steal attempted & Called/Re-raised: -0,48 BB/100
Steal attempted & Folded: -0,32 BB/100
Steal attempted & Called/Re-raised HU: -0,65 BB/100
Steal attempted & Folded HU: -0,5 BB/100

Since I play at 3/6 6 (1/2 6 before) I feel really desperate about it. You can see that the difference with the other positions is huge, and it seems very unliky to me I'm just running bad from the BB (altough it's only 6.5k). My folded BB to steal is a reasonable 50% (too low?), so the problem probably lies in my postflop play. Especially against a PFR I don't know what to do when i completely miss the flop. How often and when should I just call him (how many outs are my cards worth on average when there are overcards on the table)? When should I go for the c/r? When do I c/r the flop when I'm not HU, but against the PFR and 1 limper (and what kind of draws do I c/r in this situation)? When I flop a pair and go for a c/r, should I bet the turn against an average player when an ace falls and fold to a raise? What about when I'm up against an aggro?

I know some of those questions may be hard to answer, but any comment is appreciated
Old 07-08-2005, 07:31 PM

Default Re: BB 3/6 stats (need help)

50% is a bit to many hand to play in the BB. Even more so when you are unsure of your postflop play. Take this number upp to 60% and try out the postflopstrategy below.

I think a decent and pretty easy aproch to take to BB play is to just fit or fold. Now in hu play fit is often just a pair.

If you fit checkraise there asses. Then bet out on the turn. Against hyperaggresive opponents calling down when no Ace or King shows is a pretty good alternetiv.

So basicly don't do anything fancy, atleast not without a shitload of outs.
Old 07-08-2005, 09:03 PM

Sample size? Over my last 5K hands I am UP money in the big blind, but that is almost impossible.
Old 07-09-2005, 05:23 AM

Might be. I don't know what sample is large enough to be able to say something about a position play. It just doesn't feel good.